Pages widget

26 December 2011

Celebrations!

Happy Boxing Day to you! I hope Father Christmas was kind and bought you just what you hoped for! I have scheduled this post but I have a sneaky feeling I have been very lucky on the craft front! If you have had your fill of Turkey and already reached the bottom of your chocolate box you might want to join in with this fortnight's Crafty Boots challenge! The theme is Celebrations and you can interpret that however you like! I asked the family for ideas for what I should make and they were pretty useless but they did suggest an 18th birthday card and I thought I'd show you a little trick! 
The tag is made using the incredibly fabulous Crafty Boots Deluxe Crafters Card (I urge you to buy some, especially if you are a digi stamper or use CDs etc to print backing papers or decoupage images). I stamped the fabric background in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink using Wendy Vecchi's stamp from the Sentimental Art set and added a coordinating paper border. The swirls were cut from the coordinating paper using Tim Holtz's Elegant Flourish die and the flower was Tim's Tattered Pinecone die. 
The trick I mentioned earlier is in the making of the 18. You can use regular tin foil or, as I did, sticky backed foil. The idea is to stick the numbers, or letters you need to a piece of card and then adhere the metal over the top. Burnish the metal to the card with a bone folder (I prefer to use a piece of grungeboard!) and then ink with Alcohol Inks. If you want to you can add a little 'regular' ink for definition - this can be incredibly effective so why not have a try?! Well I hope you like my take on the theme and I look forward to seeing what you make! Happy Boxing Day!
Signature

3 comments:

Misty's said...

Happy Boxing Day to you too! Your tag is tagtastic!
Michaela xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Another really fab tag Gabrielle.

I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a really happy New Year.

Dionne x

sue law said...

Beautiful tag Gabrielle, the pine cone die makes a lovely flower...still need to get mine out of the box!

Hope you had a lovey Christmas and New Year!
Sue