Pages widget

6 August 2012

Postcards

It is my turn to choose the theme for Crafty Boots this time and I chose 'Postcards'. The idea is to think of sun, sand and lazy holiday afternoons... mmm... I'm back on a Maldivian beach again...!!! Or maybe you have your own ideas...
For mine I decided to use travel as my theme after all you generally only send postcards when you travel! I also wanted the project to have a 1920s feel about it - that was a golden age in travel (I think I've watched one too many Poirot!) I stamped a map onto some cream card in Sepia Archival Ink and then gave it a wash of Antique Linen Distress Stain. I stamped lots of travel labels in Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Broken China, Wild Honey,Frayed Burlap). 
One of my most satisfying things to do when stamping, especially with graphic images, is to stamp the image several times and then cut parts out to create height and add interest. Here I stamped the advert in one colour and then stamped it again in another colour and to highlight different parts of the image. I love the red arrow on the globe stamp which I carefully cut out and threaded through the blue banner. 
For the reverse I wanted to create the side you write on - adding postage stamps and an Airmail 'sticker'. I even used a stamp to 'frank' the postage stamps - how's that for dedication to the cause?! Then I remembered this fabulous sentiment by Wendy Vecchi that I just love and I couldn't help but use it along with a contemporary car.
I used stamps by Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and Spellbinders. Well, I hope you like this fortnight's theme and feel inspired to share your postcards! We can't wait to see them! Thank you, as always, for popping by.
Signature

9 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle

Congratulations on choosing this theme. I love all of these travel stamps, (don't you have a lot?) they look fantastic in all these lovely colours.

Have a great week.

Dionne xxx

Helen said...

Great card, loved this theme, thanks!! You do have a lot of travel stamps, don't you!

emma mitchell said...

I love this theme you've chosen and I love your gorgeous creations as always your detail is amazing .
Hugs Emma xx

Monique's art said...

love the stamps you used, beautiful postcard

Words and Pictures said...

Love the challenge choice - the TH PostCard is one of my all-time favourite stamps. This one is fabulous... such fun, funky colours, yet with a real vintage feel. Love it!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

They are terrific.

Sara said...

Love your postcard and all the lovely stamps - let see how many we get this summer xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your postcards look wonderful, great elements. Love the car.

Stephie Boots said...

I love this postcard and all those stamps are great! Your challenge won't be forgotten in our house in a hurry as we'll be making postcards for weeks to come!! :) xxx