Pages widget

2 September 2013

Last Days of Summer

This fortnight's challenge at Crafty Boots was chosen by the wonderful Freya and is The Last Days of Summer... For me summer is about going on holiday! We alternate between a holiday in the UK and then one abroad. This year we went to Thailand and thanks to my blummin' elbow I wasn't able to snorkel. So this is my interpretation of what I'd have seen!
I used Wendy Vecchi's brick stencil to give the legs something to sit on and sprinkled water on to the background to make it more sea like.
I didn't stick the tails down so it gives more 'movement' to this page.
Not all of the fish were cut out, these were stamped on the background, coloured with Dylusions ink and the eyes 'bleached' out. I hope you'll join in with us this fortnight - I'd love to see how you interpret summer!
Signature

8 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow Gabrielle, this is fabulous, I love the vibrant colours and the wonderful scene you have built.

Mind you, I do not think you would catch me putting my feet in the water if I thought that lot was swimming beneath me!

Dionne

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's fab, I love those fish. Wow Thailand bet that really was a holiday to remember. We haven't had a proper holiday for ages but we treat ourselves in different ways! My next big holiday will be in 7 years when me and Debs are planning to go to New York. It'll be her 40th and my 45th birthdays!! Take care Zo xx

Helen said...

Fantastic journal page, Gabrielle - such a shame you weren't able to snorkel this time, but I adore your interpretation.Those fish are FAB!!! Welcome home...

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous page and I love the effect you have created for the water x

jojo79 said...

This is a great page. Great colours.

Jo
x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant page! I love the bright colours Gabrielle! xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful page!! I love the colours & the little fishies are so cute!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So funny, thanks for the smile on my face.