Pages widget

25 April 2011

Welcome!

What a wonderful weekend it's been. We have spent five days just chilling, altogether, in unseasonally wonderfully hot weather! None us seem in a rush to go back to normality tomorrow so when I reminded F&T that they needed to pack their school bags for tomorrow I remembered that our new headteacher was starting too (I wonder if he has packed his school bag yet?!)
I have tried to make a simple welcome tag for a man (I do struggle in making things for men - I don't feel I get the balance of colours/content right) - and a man I don't really know! I met him at the interview (as I am a parent governor at school) but I only really remember he has a beard and that's not really a great starting point! Anyway, where was I? Must be the sun making me easily distracted!
I printed the words (and the welcome message on the reverse) onto brown card (bought from LB Crafts) using the Travelling Typewriter free font (can't remember where I downloaded that from but I use it all the time so it's well worth getting!) I cut out the words and then the tag with my wonderful Vagabond (did I mention how much I love it?!) and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to stamp some swirls (from Tim's Regal Flourish set) and distress the edge.  
The tag features the lovely PaperArtsy Sunflower that I won as part my prize pack from the incredible ArtsyCrafts day in February. I still can't believe I won it (this was my prize!) If you don't own any PaperArtsy stamps, and you get the opportunity, I really urge you to get some - they are fabulous! We have a class named Sunflower so it seemed very appropriate! Anyway I used black Ranger Archival ink to stamp it. I then painted Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door Distress Inks on the flower (the school colours are gold and cranberry).
For the centre I added Rock Candy stickles. I then glued the message on (edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink) and a ribbon and that was that!
I hope our new head likes the tag - but more than that I hope he likes his new job! I have a few projects sitting on my desk waiting patiently to be finished so I will share those soon!


Gabrielle x

No comments: