Pages widget

31 August 2011

Bingo!

I am still on holiday but I made a quick little something before I left to answer a question I was asked by Jackie. Being just a smidge more obsessed by Distress Stains than is healthy I was asked if they work on rosettes. You can use them in so many ways but if you are 
already used to swiping ink pads on card to get a solid colour then you will love the speed of doing this with Distress Stains. All you need to do, when you first open one, is click the top of the stain to 'prime' it, stamp it a couple of times on spare paper to let the 
ink flow (most times it's ready straight away!) and swipe the foam pad on your project (don't worry if it looks stripy - it dries a solid colour) and that really is it! So if you can do that on card you can do it on the die cut shapes including rosettes!!! 
Here I clear embossed a Bingo ticket from Creative Expressions Vintage Games stamp set and covered it in Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain. This whole process took less than five minutes so you can see it's not fiddly! I cut out two of Tim's rosettes with my trusty Vagabond and inked one in Aged Mahogany and the larger in Antique Linen. the centre was Chipped Sapphire again. They are really easy to make! If you want to change the colour of patterned paper, Distress Stains work over the top of that too! Totally versatile! Hope that answers your question Jackie! Please feel free to ask questions - I am happy to answer them!!! Gabrielle x

2 comments:

StampDancer said...

It's gorgeous and fun! I wanna play LOL. Will definitely try inking up some rosettes. (Now why didn't I think about that?)
Deb M
xx

Kim Dellow said...

WOnderful! I totally love what you have done with the stamp! Kim