Pages widget

5 August 2011

OMG!

Now, I have a lot to thank my lovely friend Sara for! Not only is she a pretty fabulous friend, has two ready made (and willing!) babysitters and has a wicked sense of humour but she gave me a lot of encouragement to apply for a design team spot. I have wanted to join a design team for ages but don't seem to have the courage to ask but Sara gave me that little push. Today it was announced who was going to be in newly formed Creative Expressions DT and my name was one of those chosen! I did have to ask Freya if there were likely to have been two Gabrielle Prices who applied but the confirmation email was in my inbox (phew!). So, I am awaiting the details of what's involved but for now I am just giddy with excitement! So many of you have been unbelievably kind and supportive on Twitter and Facebook - thank you - means a lot especially from peers I really respect. The little Floral art part in the first picture was part of an experiment with Distress Stains - when I've got it right I'll tell all! 
The other picture is my new Distress Ink storage solution! I covered an Ikea box (sadly no longer made - boo!) with Stampin Up paper and used Distress Stains to show what colour is in each drawer - how lush is Spiced Marmalade?! Anyway - am off to get all giddy again - thank you Sara and the Creative Expressions team! Gabrielle x

10 comments:

Gillian .... said...

Did a big WOOP WOOP when I saw the DT members, huge congrats Gabrielle, you will be a huge asset to the team. Look forward to seeing you in action. Oooo loving the DS storage, working on something to store my new ones in too. x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabulous news hunny and very deserving too!!! Can't wait to see what loveliness you make... and thank you to Sara for giving you that push that you needed... big hugs hun XX

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Huge congratulations I look forward to creating along side you. Tracy Evans x

Kaz Hall said...

Well done you! Are you still on that cloud? Very deserving and cannot wait to see all you works of art xx
Doing a happy dance for you xx
Kazx.

Bev said...

OMG! I am so proud of you! and I agree Sara is pretty special. Your work is so inspiring and developing all the time. Well done you!

hazel said...

Congratulations Gabrielle! I'm looking forward to working with you and the rest of the team.
xxx Hazel.

victoria h said...

congratulations, you talented lady x

Alison said...

Congratulations again Gabrielle! Have you come down to earth yet?! Love your colourful storage! xx

StampDancer said...

Gabrielle, Congratulations on your select for the Creative Expressions DT! I just read it and am so happy for you! I also love what you did with the SU paper and distress stain colors on them.
Deb M
xx

sue law said...

Hi! Congratulations on the Creative Expressions design team place. Just found your blog lovely work! Looking forward to working with you on the design team!
Sue
X