Pages widget

2 August 2011

A quick 'I love you'!

So, today is my wedding anniversary - 14 years! We have been together for 23 years (We met at Sixth Form - so I'll leave you to do the maths!) and in honour of this momentous occasion I made a super speedy tag card as I only had 20 minutes! 
Doesn't sound like I care much does it?! I cut a white card tag with my trusty Vagabond and then clear stamped (and then embossed) the background stamp from Tim's Papillon set. I then swiped Black Soot Distress Ink over the top - black is David's favourite colour
- see I do care! For the heart I cut out the largest heart die from Grungeboard. I covered the Grungeboard with Fired Brick Distress Stain and then thickly painted PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and dried it with my heat gun. Now, my heat gun is running very hot and it creates 
bubbles in the paint. I then added a layer of Old Gold all over the tag and heated it again so it really bubbled. I then added 'blobs' of Fired Brick Distress Stain randomly and wiped off the excess and added my usual Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges. I added a small eyelet to the heart and hung it from a Swivel Clasp (put through the hole in the tag) and put a Cherish Philosophy Tag with it. 
The little sentiment is from a set I bought from LB Crafts but have no clue who made it! As Simon Says Stamp and Show are asking for Tags this week I'll pop this on their site - but I'm off now to get ready - apparently we're going out for dinner to celebrate! How exciting! Gabrielle x

11 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY!!! Have a lovely evening! Gorgeous tag, love the heart full of gorgeousness!
big hugs

kazxx

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful tag! Great design and details!

Belinda Basson said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours is also 14 years after knowing each other since new years eve of 1989! Just goes to show that love can last...great tag.

Alison said...

Congratulations to you both! Gorgeous tag Gabrielle, love the texture on the heart! xx

Gillian .... said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, hope you have a lovely evening. This tag is brilliant Gabrielle, love the colour combo and the heart detail, just perfect. xx

Faith Maupin said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the tag - the heart is just beautiful!

Jo said...

Congrats and hope you have a fab evening. Love the tag, I think that Papillion background stamp is one of all time faves. jo xx

Candy C said...

Happy Anniversary! Your tag is just wonderful! Love the Papillion background and the big heart on the tag. Just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Morgan said...

You did a beautiful job on this tag, I love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, this is awesome! Love what you did on the heart with all the different surfaces. 20 minutes? Unbelievable! So happy you joined in the fun with our tag challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

StampDancer said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you! I'm catching up on some blogging I've missed lately. The tag is perfect!