Pages widget

10 September 2011

Tag #25!

Ok. I admit it. I can be pretty dumb sometimes. Over at the Everything Wendy Vecchi Lori posts regular challenges and I just haven't been able to spot them. Lori very kindly replied to an email I sent patiently explaining where to find everything (I have bookmarked that email - I'll forget again by next week!). So this week's Making Art challenge #25 was to make a tag using two different Wendy stamp sets. I don't have loads of sets (*ahem* though 
the postman might be dropping off a few more soon...) but I knew I had to use Celestial Art and Mail Art. The leaves were cut from Grungepaper and then stained twice with Shabby Shutters Distress Stain for a nice deep colour. Then, with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, I stamped them with the background stamp from Celestial Art. 
The flower was cut using Tim's Tattered Florals die and my trusty Vagabond. I used the middle sized flower and cut three Grungepaper flowers and stained each one with Aged Mahogany, Barn Door and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains. 
The tag was cut with another of Tim's dies (and my trusty Vagabond!) and stained with lots of blue Distress Stains by putting them on my craft sheet and swiping the tag through them (I used Stormy Sky, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass and Chipped 
Sapphire). Then I stamped the background stamp (at an angle) with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. In the top right corner I stamped a couple of the quotation stamps in Faded Jeans. I used one of the hand stamps and stamped it on Grungepaper with Jet Black Archival Ink and then 
used Pumice Stone Distress Stain. The ticket is the reverse of an Adage Ticket stamped again with Archival Ink and then inked with Antique Linen Distress Stain and my favourite - Vintage Photo Distress Ink! then the tag was finished with some red sari material. Am so pleased I managed to find the challenge and need to thank Lori for her incredible patience with me! Have a fabulous rest of the weekend! Gabrielle x

6 comments:

Helen said...

This is wonderful! I am sure now you've found it you will join in lots of these challenges - especially if you've just happened to buy some more of the stamps!!!

Sara said...

Love it. The colours are great and I really like the layers of leaves. Bye for now.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love your colors and the hand with the ticket. Welcome to the group!

Lori said...

Yeah Gabrielle! I knew you could do it! lol! Fantastic tag, love the colors, that background is wonderful. The rose is DIVINE...thanks for joining the MAC!

Jo said...

Nice one, again lovely deep colours and a beautiful rose jo xx

france papillon said...

such a sweet tag! love how the green pops on the blue background. and the hand pointing at the tag is such a fun detail!