Pages widget

11 October 2011

Love note

I must have been feeling a little romantic when I made this! It might have something to do with what is being built in my garden - but more of that later in the week! So for my Creative Expressions DT project this week I have made a little hanging that is so easy you may wish to make if you've never been brave enough to try one yourself. I cut a piece of A4 mount board in quarters (though cardboard or whatever you have to hand would be ok to use too!) and then took one quarter and cut off about 4cm from the long end - it makes a square and a rectangle so you may want to adjust the dimensions to suit the materials you have to hand. I added Antique Linen and Old paper Distress Stains directly to the mount board and let them dry naturally - you could mist them with water for a more antique look. 
Then I used the Vintage Typewriter set and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and repeatedly stamped the background of both pieces. I love this stamp - it is so versatile! Then I used the ink to cover the edges of the both mount boards - it also gives the 
stamping a frame to sit in which gives it a balance. Then I stamped out two more sets of letters in Barn Door Distress Ink onto a white card. I cut out the letters and glued them to a small piece of white card covered in Antique Linen Distress Stain. I then put one of 
Tim's Ornate Plates over the top and added a little glossy accents to make then shine - though it has also made the ink very bright! I then stamped out the lovely large typewriter, cut it out and glued it on the square card. I added a grungeboard heart that I had inked with Barn Door Distress Ink and covered lightly with glossy accents. As a finishing touch I added eyelets, jump rings and some red twine that I have fallen in love with! I hope you are having a great week! Gabrielle x

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely hanging Gabrielle, great idea. Can't wait to hear what you are having built in your garden. I love gardening. Tracy x

Gillian .... said...

Love this little hanging piece, the heart on the sheet waiting to be typed is brill. x

Alison said...

Your little hanging is gorgeous & so romantic Gabrielle! How exciting to be asked to join another DT too! Well deserved! Congrats!
P.S. wish I'd known you were hijacking the Friday dinner, I would've too! ;o) xx

sue law said...

Your hanging is beautiful really romantic.
Sue