Pages widget

29 December 2011

Winter Wedding

Well I am loving using this month's Creative Expressions DT stamp set - the fabulous Sentimental Art by Wendy Vecchi. I wondered if it could be used for a wedding card and this is what I made. 
The background is the incredibly versatile fabric background stamp from the set - I used Old Paper Distress Ink which makes it look like really old lace in real life and added a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges. In my last DT post I said that these stamps compliment each other perfectly and they do! 
The heart was stamped in clear ink and clear embossed and then inked with Old Paper Distress Stain. I scored the edges and then inked them with a little Vintage Photo as before. The sentiment was stamped in Vintage Photo I added a flourish, a few gems and an ivory ribbon.
Signature

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Perfect for a Winter wedding Gabrielle. Love the background stamped in the subtle colour and the flourish is lovely. Best Wishes for the New Year. Tracy x x

Sara said...

Love the card but I really like the background stamp it looks great in this project and the previous one in pink. Heres hoping 2012 brings some more exciting challenges for us all x

hazel said...

This is lovely Gabrielle, the background stamp is fabulous.
Happy New Year.
xxx Hazel.

sue law said...

Happy new year Gabrielle! Just catching up having not turned the pc on over Christmas. Great card, the sentiment is perfect for a Wedding, I hadn't thought of that!
Sue
x