Pages widget

27 January 2012

I'm late...

Thank you for all the good wishes as I recover from my virus! I'm still whispering but with a little more vigour so hopefully I'll be back to screaming harpy in no time! A consequence of being ill was that I have been a dreadful daughter-in-law and missed my father-in-law's birthday. I felt awfully guilty and so managed to pop to the shops and buy him a gift and made a tag to accompany it. Now, bearing in mind I've been unwell and my crafting mojo has well and truly disappeared, I used what was to hand on my desk - so huge apologies if it's all been a bit of on theme this week! All stamps are by the incredible Wendy Vecchi - have you seen her CHA sneaky peeks? I am about to become very poor that's all I can say!
The tag was lightly covered in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I then stamped the background ticket stamp in the same ink. I quickly, and lightly, clear embossed the ticket to create a bit of resist. I then stamped, in Black Soot Distress Ink, the railings and the 'ordinary day' quote and added clear embossing ink and powder over the whole tag, knocking the excess off, and heated. Into the pits left in the embossing I rubbed Iced Spruce Distress Ink and then wiped the tag clean - don't want my fil to have dirty hands! 
The chap (who looks as late as I feel!) was stamped on to brown card and embossed and then lightly "dusted" with Vintage Photo and Iced Spruce! The ticket is the reverse of 'Soar' (I can not imagine I'll ever use that one!), crumpled and inked with a Dymo'd sentiment. I added a little twine and that was that! I like the chap looking like he's climbing up the railings but I'm not sure if he's trying to save the ticket or hoist it aloft... do you think I'm reading too much into this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature

4 comments:

Helen said...

Great tag, love that man! I use the soar ticket when I do bird things...hope you get fully better soon and your mojo returns - though this is fab! The colours are gorgeous.

victoria h said...

I like your dynamo message. I'm sure this tag will make up for the fact it's late. He could be doing the running man!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great tag! Love how you placed the fella and the sentiment running up the side. Hope you are feeling loads better by morning!

hazel said...

Brilliant tag Gabrielle.
xxx Hazel.