Pages widget

30 January 2012

Three Bees

For this week's Creative Expressions DT piece I wanted to create a nod to those specimen pieces you find when explorers have returned from exciting adventures and the bee stamp in the Garden Chic set was my inspiration! The tag was inked in Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, blending where they met. I then stamped the small leaf stamp in Peeled Paint. I then crumpled the tag up so it looked weather beaten and lightly swiped Peeled Paint and the Vintage Photo Distress Inks to highlight the creases. I also spritzed the tag with water to give a faux bleaching effect and help it look aged! The label was made the same way (though I didn't crumple it) and the word was from the sentiment with the stamp set. I glued the label on to the tag and then added two brads which I beat with my Texture Hammer
I took three Fragments and inked them with Alcohol Inks (Butterscotch, Sunshine Yellow, Citrus and Gold). Then I stamped the bee in Jet Black Archival Ink and I gently patted the stamped image off - it makes the image transparent - and then I backed each one with foil tape and adhered it to the tag. The image now looks silver - I hope that the camera picks this up! A little ribbon finished it off.  Thank you, as always for stopping by and leaving a message - they are very much appreciated.
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

what a great idea for a theme, and yours looks lovely. I love that bee! The creases give such great texture.

hazel said...

Wonderful Gabrielle, love the fragments with the bees.
xxx Hazel.

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's gorgeous hun, great make. Zo x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the crumple/wrinkled look! Your frags are great as is the cute little tab on the side.

Kitty said...

Ahhh the bees look great lovely project

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is lovely Gabrielle. The fragments are a great way to showcase that lovely bee!!
Siobhan

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is very cool Gabrielle! Love your specimen :) Kim

sue law said...

This reminds me of my very first blog post with the specimin vib going on! Love this it is beautiful Gabrielle.
Sue