Pages widget

13 February 2012

I am an Artist

When you have lost your mojo many of you turn to your favourite designer for a well needed injection of creative ideas. Well, I turn to Wendy Vecchi who is, for me, incredibly inspirational as well as being a seriously nice person. Not a bad combination!
There are a few challenges about that also help channel my thinking and so I knew that I had to try and make something to enter. So using stamps and Art Parts I have had great fun making this! 
I used Jet Black Archival Ink, various Distress Stains and Inks and clear embossing powder as well as several of Wendy's stamp sets. I have absolutely loved making this, I hope that comes across! And thank you Wendy - my mojo has returned after being MIA for about 7 weeks! Phew!


I am entering this into:
Snazzy's February challenge - Studio 490
Everything Wendy VecchI's MAC #35 to "make a custom epoxy embellishment"
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge - Anything goes!
Signature

19 comments:

Misty's said...

You are an artist indeed,Gabrielle. It is super fantastic!
Michaela xx

Minxy said...

Absolutely love it, Love the colour, love the placement of everything, love it xx
Thanks for playing @ snazzys this month x

Helen said...

Ok, now I am skiving... this is gorgeous!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow this is fantastic! I must get myself some art parts to play with too. Zo xx

Candy C said...

Gabrielle...I love your Wendy Art Parts piece this week! Love the concept and love the way you carried out such a cool design! If you ever needed to be reminded that you're an artist...this would be the perfect thing to look at and remind you! It's a wonderful piece! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Belinda Basson said...

You are indeed an artist! Well done for pinning down Mr Mojo again. Love what you have done here with Wendy's stuff.

SusanK said...

Fabulous!

craftimamma said...

This is great Gabrielle! I love that vintage delivery van and how you've got 'ART' coming out of the ink bottle. The Artist definition is great and just right to remind you when Mr Mojo does another runner (as he does now and then for us all). Lovely, lovely piece and thanks for joining in with us over on the Snazzy's DT blog. Good Luck in the draw.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

this is so wonderful. You are truly an artist and it is wonderful to see your creations.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a cool piece! I love the way you've done the labels on the bottles, and those little stacked pen nibs are great. Glad you're feeling better!

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful Gabrielle, lovely piece! Kim

victoria h said...

What a great project with lots of dimension. Glad your mojo is back and best wishes for the challenges.

Gillian .... said...

You certainly are indeed an "Artist" ... Gabrielle this is amazing, love everything about it, thank you for joining in the Studio 490 fun over at Snazzy's. xx

Sara said...

This is lovely and shows your real talent x love it.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, so glad your mojo came back! This is a seriously gorgeous piece!! Perfect colouring, perfect design, great composition, - a feast for the eyes!!!
Thank you for entering it into our challenge over at Snazzys!

Unknown said...

LOVE this Gabrielle ... a lot ... you certainly rocked those WV art parts ... Thanks for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

Trish Latimer said...

love this! lots of detail and embellishments...gorgeous!

Trish said...

THis is really lovely!!

hazel said...

I love this Gabrielle, it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.