Pages widget

11 April 2012

I'm a Rubber Stamp Collector!

This is my newest project for Creative Expressions. We have been given Wendy Vecchi's fabulous The Voice of Art stamp set and I've used the background receipt stamp and the advert as the basis for this notelet. I used kraft card and stamped the receipt stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink and then I distressed the edges and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The advert was stamped on kraft card with Archival Ink as before and then I stamped various colours of Distress Stain on my craft mat and painted the ink on with a paintbrush (I used Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Mustard Seed and Broken China). As before I distressed the edges and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
The ink bottle was stamped three times on kraft card. The first was covered in Broken China Distress Stain and double embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut out the label of the second and edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. On the third I just cut out the diamond 'inks' label and inked it with Broken China Distress Stain. I then assembled them together with Glossy Accents.

I painted a little kraft card with Silver Paint Dabber  and then stamped a pen nib over the top. The banner was die cut and I stamped the sentiment and edged it as before. I have used this as a notelet and sent it to Michaela who won my recent blog candy but if you are a card maker it would easily fit onto a card, or would be a cute wall hanging! 
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Gabrielle! Love the painting with the stains, it looks fab. Might have to get some Kraft card on Saturday....!!!

sue law said...

Wow Gabrielle you are definitely a Wendy Vecchi rubber stamp collector! Great project and fab colours, love it!
Sue
x

CraftygasheadZo said...

This is super, I'm learning from you all the time! I won some CE stamps from Sue Wilson, they are African Wildlife and Voice of the sea, both are fab, but I wouldn't have bought them as I would've been clueless! Thrilled with them though as both take me out of comfort zone and make me think. Zo xx

Misty's said...

OMG Gabrielle it is gorgeous! You are such and alchemist when it comes to crafting! I am always blown away by every little bit of your creations. The postman better hurry up! Can't wait!
Michaela xx

Carol said...

Lovely Gabrielle - all my favorite colors as well! Broken china & peeled paint are on everything at the mo! Males a terrific notelet - I'm agreeing with Helen - I NEED some craft card! Looking forward to your next weeks post.....(stash envy after AP!)

Unknown said...

Yep, Saturday may well mean purchase of Kraft Card. That's added to list for Sat. Love colours too, Broken China is definitely te colour of the moment. :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Gabrielle, love the colours and great stamping. Tracy x

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
It's me again. I am not here to break the record for the most comments in one day (LOL) but I had to come and say massive thank you because your masterpieces have arrived. Funnily enough as soon as I posted the first comment there was my door bell ringing. What can I say Gabrielle, it will probably be an understatement but the altered book is Spectacular!!!! I adore everything about it. I even had a careful snoop in the little pocket to feast my eyes for the hidden tag! The notelet is brilliant as well. Your work is definitely inspirational. I hope one day I have a go and at least put some of the distress ink I have to use.
Thank you very much again for the amazing masterpieces.
Michaela xx

victoria h said...

Oh, how I love Kraft too! Particularly like the silver pen nib.