Pages widget

4 May 2012

Crazy Bottled Flower

I have had a day off work today and, after discharging my school governor duties, I took the opportunity to play in the Studio. I wanted to have a go at crazed bottle technique that is this fortnight's challenge at the Everything Wendy Vecchi group and to make something colourful for Simon Says Stamp and Show
The details about the bottle can be found here on Wendy's blog. Once the bottle was dry I used Broken China Distress Stain with a little Black Soot Distress Ink. I added a ribbon and an ideaology key for a finishing touch. The Shrine Art Part and the trim were painted with Antique Lace PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint. I then added script in Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks. I stamped the background with stamps from Botantical Art in Seedless Preserves. 
The flower was made from Clearly for Art Whiteout. I stamped three flowers and coloured them with Alcohol Inks and then heat them and shaped them. In the centre I added an ideaology Hitch Fastener. I made a little Clearly for Art butterfly. The Art Part frame was inked in Dusty Concord Distress Stain and I used my favourite dotty stamp! I hope that the use of 'purple' counts as a kaleidoscope of colour..! It is a kaleidoscope of one colour...!
I hope you have a great weekend. We have some really nice things planned - with a little inky time squeezed in!
Signature

17 comments:

Helen said...

WOWZER!! I love this - the bottle looks superb - but mostly I adore that red flower. I was home playing too this afternoon.

CraftygasheadZo said...

This is amazing! Love the effect on the glass. Zo xx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
oh WOW, I absolutely adore it. Love the bottle, the flower..... LOVE it all.
Michaela xx

Bev said...

This is just super! I love the texture of the flowers and the delicate stamping in the background. Blue gass is my favourite and crackled too.. Lovely

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Gabrielle, love all the shades of purple. Great vase/bottle, the technique has worked beautifully. Love your dimensional flower too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, great to have you playing along. Tracy x

Sara said...

Hi this lovely, the colours are just right and the bottle looks really sweet.xxx

Kitty said...

How fab. Very lovely

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, such a fantastic idea.

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab,the flower is fantastic and just love it! Must try the glazed bottle technique! This is a beautiful piece! Hugs trace xx

Candy C said...

Your Wendy Vecchi shrine looks amazing! I love the crazed glass technique you did on your bottle! Love the Paper Artsy color you've used for your background. I see that you've already gotten your new Tim inks for spring! That shaded lilac looks incredible! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Gillian .... said...

J'adore this colour combination, love how the bottle turned out, fabby as always. xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Loving the crazed bottle in the very pretty design. You must be very pleased with how this turned out.

Dionne xxx

Redanne said...

Gabrielle, this is a beautiful piece of art, I love it. The colours are amazing and that little spider really looks cute.
Anne x

Marjie Kemper said...

That's my favorite color bottle, Gabrielle, and it looks fantastic against the base. Your stacked flowers are gorgeous!

Deb said...

Gabrielle,

This is absolutely gorgeous! You did a fabulous job with the technique.

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is GORGEOUS. I really must attempt that technique myself. Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Monique's art said...

WONDERFUL BOTTLE love the colour , it turned out great