Pages widget

14 May 2012

Good Luck!

Well it's a new week and a new theme at Crafty Boots! This time it's been chosen by Sara and it's 'Good Luck'. I know that the next few months are full of exams and nervous brides and a whole host of reasons why you'd need a good luck message so I have made a hanging that might be suitable for a whole range of people!
The frame was triple embossed with silver UTEE and then stamped on with Jet Black Archival Ink (with Stampin' Up stamp - not sure if it's still available!). The flower is die cut Black Soot Core-Dinations paper using the Tattered Pinecone die. I sanded it and then edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The leaf was cut using Kraft card, covered in Black Soot Distress Ink, sanded and inked with Vintage Photo.
Luck was cut from kraft card, using the Word Play die by Tim Holtz, and inked with both Black Soot Distress Stain and Ink. The little good sticker is from Tim's Chit Chat Word Stickers, edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The background in the frame is embossed black card. Well, that's my good luck piece - what will you make I wonder?! Have a great week.
Signature

13 comments:

Helen said...

That is gorgeous - I love the pattern on the frame.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like this!!! The frame is gorgeous.

CraftygasheadZo said...

This is stunning - I love what you've done! Zo xx

emma mitchell said...

Another gorgeous creation ,I love it
Hugs Emma xx

Redanne said...

Wow, a stunning creation, I love that pinecone die as it is so versatile. Love the way you have done the frame. Anne Rx

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is so pretty Gabrielle, it's fabby.

Dionne xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, a fabulous piece of art.

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
This is brilliant. If it was not here in black and white I would think the LUCK was cut out of metal. Great work as always.
Michaela xx

Monique's art said...

beautiful frame, great project

Stephie Boots said...

This is fantastic I especially love the frame! It looks just like posh frames you'd buy in a fancy home shop!!! xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo just fab Gabrielle, love it! Kim

victoria h said...

Gorgeous project. I haven't seen silver UTEE before.

kittychater said...

Wow, brilliant, love it . X