Pages widget

31 May 2012

If I had wings...

This month the DT at Creative Expressions have been given the stamp set Art Sayings designed by Sam Poole. These are an incredibly versatile set of over 30 words and sayings that would accompany pretty much any project you could make! I chose the phrase 'If I had wings...' and cut out an ATC (3.5" x 2.5") and edged it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
I stamped out two corners from the Accents for Art set by Wendy Vecchi in Jet Black Archival Ink and edged them as before. the Butterflies were stamped four times, again in Archival Ink. Two were edged with Fired Brick Distress Ink and two just had the word 'Fly' cut out and this was adhered to the centre of each butterfly. The phrase was stamped, cut out and edged and adhered to the centre of the ATC. 
There is so much choice on this stamp set that I'm not sure what I'll make next - isn't it lovely when you are spoiled for choice?! Thank you for popping by and I hope you have a lovely weekend x
Signature

14 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Gabrielle, I am totally in love with all things Wendy V and I adore Sam Poole's stamps too (have you seen the new bubble wrap one yet? - genious). Those butterflies are just gorgeous and I love the colours you have used on this ATC, kind of grungy but pretty too. Wonderful job. Anne x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's lovely, the corners are fab.

TonyR said...

gorgeous colours and layout. you are such an inspiration to me!! i must get the art sayings stamp set -- looks really useful!

Sandra Botham said...

This is gorgeous, love the butterflies. May have to check out the sam poole stamps.
X

Helen said...

Love this - fab colour (very unusual for you... not ...lol!!) I was going to say how great the flourish behind the butterflies is, then realised I've got it.... The sayings looks great - I was going to ask a stupid question about them then I saw it said "unmount" set... answering my question!!! Enjoy half term....

victoria h said...

Gorgeous ATC - love the words

hazel said...

A fabulous ATC Gabrielle, I love the butterflies.
xxx Hazel.

sue law said...

Gabrielle, you do Wendy soooo well..and when I saw that we had this stamp set I emailed Ryan to say I thought you would use them with Wendy's stamps to great effect! You never disappoint! Your work is always totally brilliant!
Suex

Kim Dellow said...

Brilliant Gabrielle, just gorgeous, love those swirly butterflies! Kim

Stephie Boots said...

Fab Fab Fab - as always! xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a wonderful ATC, love the butterflies.

Monique's art said...

fabulous ATC love the vintage look

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love these butterflies and the sentiment is just so perfect.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend despite this weather.

Dionne xx

kittychater said...

Lovely, less is more. Brilliant x