Pages widget

10 May 2012

New Home Plaque


For this week’s project for Creative Expressions I have made a ‘new home’ plaque which can be easily hung or attached to the front of a card. I used Tim Holtz Core'dinations and a little kraft card for the piece. I started by die cutting a plaque from  Core'dinations  card and then sanding it and adding Vintage Photo Distress Ink. It looked a little too inked so I liberally sprayed it with water and removed the excess ink. 
The roses, and greenery, are all die cut, sanded and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. They are held together with Glossy Accents (if you look carefully in the photos you can see that I was too impatient to wait until they were dry!) 
The bird cage is from the fabulous Sam Poole designed ‘Birds’ stamp set and I stamped it with Jet Black Archival Ink and then added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges. The sentiment was stamped and inked in the same way. The little bird was stamped onto kraft card with Broken China Distress Ink. As always, thank you for visiting and do let me know what you think of my little plaque!

Signature

13 comments:

kittychater said...

It's lovely, the flowers look great. Brilliant x

Helen said...

What do I think? I think I love it! The flowers are gorgeous. Why don't I have any core-dinations paper packs?? Hmmmmm.

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's gorgeous, that's what it is! Fab use of stamps and techniques again. Zo xx

sue law said...

Love how well the coordinations papers work for the flowers they make this a really pretty piece!
Suex

Carol said...

I think it's lovely Gabrielle! Think I love birds and cages as much as you do! Those flowers are amazing - don't know where you find time!..... I'm also impatient when it comes to letting GA dry!! X

Minxy said...

Absolutly beautiful, love the flowers x

Misty's said...

hi Gabrielle
Your plaque is gorgeous are those flowers are super!
Michaela xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful, all the flowers are fabulous.

Monique's art said...

very pretty, love the vintage look

hazel said...

This is so lovely Gabrielle, the flowers are gorgeous.
xxx Hazel.

Marjie Kemper said...

SO pretty! Love your distressed flowers.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is just so pretty Gabrielle. I love your sanded and distressed flowers which beautifully frame the little bird cage.
Siobhan x

Carole said...

beautiful work :)