Pages widget

11 May 2012

Supplies for an ATC

One of my favourite challenges can be found over at the Everything Wendy Vecchi group. This week the theme is #41 and is an  ATC - the only stipulation was to use at least one of Wendy's stamps. Today my birthday present saga came to an end with the delivery of a few of Wendy's new stamps and coordinating Art Parts. To say I was excited doesn't really cover it! 
So I put it to great use by inking Supplies for Art as the main set with the background stamp from Be Happy... Make Art as, well, the background! The ATC itself is inked with Wild Honey Distress Stain, edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. All of the stamps were stamped on to Grunge Paper with Jet Black Archival Ink. I used Antique Linen and Broken China Distress Stains on the stamped images with Vintage Photo on all of the edges. The only exception to this was the little ribbon on the bottom pen nib advert with was painted with Portfolio Pastels.
I stamped more than one of each image and cut sections out to make layers. I hope the photos show these as they look really good in real life!  I did cover a little Grunge Paper with Silver Paint Dabber before I stamped the final pen nib image. I cut two slits in the main advert image and threaded the pen through. I am thrilled with my new stamps and I hope my enthusiasm has come through! Thank you so much for stopping by, and for any comments, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Signature

16 comments:

Helen said...

It was worth the wait! Love all the layers - that silver nib is just so cute.... and I love how you've slotted the pen through the label. Gorgeous!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's fantastic, lots of loveliness to ooh & aah over.

Carol said...

Wow! That's amazing! Always knew you were super talented but this is just gorgeous Gabrielle! I totally love it! Xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous ATC, great elements.

Unknown said...

What a lovely ATC, Gabrielle. Must have a look at some of those Art Parts

Monique's art said...

lovely ATC, love the layering and the colours

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.. this!!!

Georgie Horn said...

If there was a LOVE button I would push it here.

Yvonne Garner said...

Great birthday present to yourself! Glad you had a chance to work with theme ready. Really cool stamps! Have a great weekend. Best, Yvonne

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous, Gabrielle! Love your gorgeous coloring and stamping. The layers are fantastic and that pen through the sentiment = awesome!

May said...

Love it Gabrielle... all those elements and layers is just Stunning... Hugs May x x x

Jo said...

Now this I like a LOT, love the layers, how they are all higgledy piggledy as if they'd got stuck together lying in a drawer. Fab. jo xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love this! I also received my very first set of Wendy's et and some Art Parts! SO exciting, like early birthday pressies. Ha ha. I'm planning my 1st ATC ready for the WOYWW 156, think I may use some of my new stuff! Zo xx

hazel said...

I love your fabulous ATC Gabrielle, there's such a lot to look at.
xxx Hazel.

Redanne said...

Hi Gabrielle, I can't really add any more to the above comments other than to say - WOW!!! Anne x

wendy vecchi said...

AWE...SOME!!!!!!!!