Pages widget

30 May 2012

To Dye For...

At Dragons Dream this time we are following the rather lovely Sue's recipe of... spray ink(s), die cut(s) and embossing... oh! And a stamp... all on a tag! So. What did I do with the ingredients?! I took a kraft card tag and sprayed it with Stream, Sailboat Blue and Espresso Colour Washes. Then I embossed it with a Texture Fade and then sanded the raised areas quite vigorously! 
The kraft card die cut heart was sprayed with a Cosmic Shimmer spray and then, while wet, embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I sprayed Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist over it, and again while wet, clear embossed it again. Then I took a little kraft card and stamped the 'xoxo' in Jet Black Archival ink, stuck it to the heart and gave the heart a final embossing. Unfortunately my (sometimes not so) lovely dog, affectionately known as 'She Who Eats Art' lived up to her name again and promptly ate the stamp... Believe me - cross words were spoken!
The wings were sprayed with a layer of Silver Cosmic Shimmer spray and then Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist and embossed as I described above. A final spray of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist on the tag itself and I neared the home straight! Just a ribbon, a heavily beaten washer and brad and a little Gathered Twigs on the edge of the tag and that was that! Please do pop on over to the blog and see the terrific ideas the rest of the DT have had - they really went to town this time! All that remains is for me to thank you for dropping by and for any comments you leave - they are much, much appreciated!
Signature

17 comments:

Helen said...

I had to come and see what SWEA had done this time... Love your tag!!! the heart was a beautiful stamp! Still awake (just)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag, fabulous background and I love the heart. Tracy x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fabulous tag, fantastic textured background.

Redanne said...

Oh your tag is gorgeous but all I can think of is the dog with a stamp inside! It did make me giggle that you were cross (x) with the xoxo stamp that he ate...just my silly sense of humour. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Redanne said...

Sorry! meant SHE not he. A x

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's a super tag, I just want to reach out and touch it to feel the textures. Zo xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A super tag, love all the textures!!! Poor dog and poor you!!!!!hugs trace x

Belinda Basson said...

had not thought to sand back paper I had sprayed, must give this a go.

victoria h said...

Great texture on your tag and perfect weather for photographing outside before the downpour!

Monique's art said...

gorgeous tag, love the texture and the sprayed ink llooks great

Unknown said...

You do such lovely work Gabrielle. I imagine SWEA has been sent to Coventry :). You should get a cat, they just walk and sometimes sit all over your work.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, love the background. I think SWEA is a frustrated crafter!!

hazel said...

I love your tag Gabrielle, It's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Kim Dellow said...

Totally gorgeous! Just love that texture, stunning look. Kim

Stephie Boots said...

I love the background on this tag! Looks great! xxx

Sue said...

Oh I know I shouldn't laugh but... :o) I suppose there's a chance that you may get the stamp back but we don't want to go there do we. Your tag is fabulous Gabrielle, I love the embossing and all that lovely shimmer - yummy!

kittychater said...

Love this tag, the simplicity and the shimmer x