Pages widget

17 May 2012

Tweet Tweet Tweet!

I thought I might share a new Creative Expressions project today using the lovely 'Birds' stamp set. I wanted to make something for a friend who has dipped their toes into the wonderful world of Twitter! I absolutely love Twitter and have made some truly lovely friends through tweeting and have been lucky enough that the friendship has lasted even when we've met in real life! So this is a little something she can prop up by her computer! I used cream mountboard and inked the sky and grass with Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. The branch was turned round to become a tree and was inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink as the bark and Peeled Paint Distress Ink on the leaves. The bird on the branch was inked the same but had Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on the bird itself. 
The birdhouse was stamped in Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and then I stamped the image twice on mountboard and cut out the house and then the roof, assembling it as if it was an Art Part. I added Gathered Twigs on the edges of the birdhouse before gluing. The 'Tweet' was stamped three times on mountboard as before and mounted to show dimension. I added a few leaves and that's that! I need to go and wrap it up and give it to my new 'Tweeter'! Thanks, as always, for popping by today.
Signature

16 comments:

Helen said...

How tweet you are....this is adorable, I love it! What a great little stamp set it is. Have a good day, even if it is only Thursday......!!!

Carol said...

That's such a lovely thought.....she'll love it! Birds win every time don't they , and I love this stamp set.

Redanne said...

This is so cute Gabrielle, she will love it for sure. I like the dimension you have given it by adding the mountboard - and lovely stamp set too. Anne x

Gloria e Rogerio said...

We love your blog is wonderful and we are always here giving all the news.
We wish you a great Thursday.
We are G +1 with the campaign and count on your participation.
http://sbrincos.blogspot.com
Super Glorinha kisses.

Anonymous said...

That's lovely!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

I thought of Twitter as soon as I saw it! It's such a fab card. Love it. ZO xx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Super gorgeous. Again the colours are absolutely amazing and I love the scene you created.
Michaela xx

kittychater said...

Lovely, great twitter twist. X

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful, fantastic spring feeling.

Marjie Kemper said...

Wonderful scene you've created here, G, and I love the popped up words. It's so hard to keep up with everything... good for you for encouraging your pal to get her feet wet!

Monique's art said...

very pretty, love the birdie

May said...

Beautiful... love the spring feel... I've never tweeted/twittered he he yet!!!love the colours just fabulous... Hugs May x x x

hazel said...

This is so tweet Gabrielle, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

sue law said...

Such a good idea, sounds perfect for your friend! Love how you "built the tree too!
Suex

Kim Dellow said...

I must be going bonkers! I was sure I had commented on your gorgeous make Gabrielle, D'oh! I must have hopped away before posting the comment! Anyway it is still a lovely creation and I love the background colours. Kim

Gillian .... said...

This is so tweet ... mean sweet lol, love this gabrielle. xx