Pages widget

30 July 2012

Simply Plaid

Oh my! Every so often a challenge comes along and you are just stumped. The lovely Lori over at Everything Wendy Vecchi set a new challenge of... PLAID! Eek! I really found this struggle because, whilst I have Wendy's plaid stamp, I just had no idea what to do with the theme. So remembering some wise words I kept it simple! Really, really very simple.
I used two Bookplates Art Parts and stamped them both with clear embossing ink and used clear embossing powder to make the plaid background. On the frame I used Wild Honey Distress Ink and the background was Barn Door Distress Ink. The stalk Art Part was covered with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and the plaid stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The flower was covered in Broken China and the plaid was stamped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. The little circle was covered with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and the plaid was stamped in Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. 
The sentiment was stamped twice on some kraft card and the important words highlighted by cutting them out! Two hinge fasteners later and I was done. Hope this shows 'plaid' but above all I'm glad I was able to have a go at a challenge that really foxed me!
Signature

7 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful piece, love the colors and the saying.

Helen said...

It's gorgeous!! Not given this one any time or thought yet, too much Olympics on tv!!

Redanne said...

It may be simple but it is also stunning, love the colours and that sentiment is hilarious, I must get that, love it! A x

Marjie Kemper said...

So bright and fun!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love it!!! The plaid looks fab on the red and so loving the blue! How the sentiment is so true is hilarious!! I love this!

Monique's art said...

So fun great senti

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle, I hope you are well.

I love this, it is as if you read my mind, lol!

Dionne xxx