Pages widget

2 September 2012

Next Page...

The latest challenge at Everything Wendy Vecchi is to use canvas. So this is my take on the challenge! I have become a little obsessed by Treasure Gold wax since I bought it last week while on holiday and so I started by covering all of the Art Parts with Treasure Gold and then a coat of Fresco Finish paint (variously: Beach Hut, Hey Pesto, Nougat and Little Black Dress) and then a gentle sand. 
The leaf-turned-quill actually had a layer of green paint and then another of Treasure Gold and then Nougat paint - this gives it a little more interest to the 'feathers'. Everything had a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink added! I hadn't really thought of this leaf Art Part as anything but a leaf but by chance I put it upside down next to a 'spare' (or reject!) ink bottle and the idea was hatched! Don't you just love happy coincidences?!
The Claudine Hellmuth's sticky backed canvas was inked with Antique Linen and then stamped with one of Wendy's script stamps in Sepia Archival Ink. I added a little canvas behind the Ideaology label pull and another of Wendy's stamps. I wonder if this needs a little something on the right hand side? I suspect that this might be one of those pieces that you keep adding to?!!!
Signature

11 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great piece, love the colours and the feather quill is wonderful! trace x

Helen said...

Yes, I think the colours are great too. Even if it ends up with more, it looks great already!

ElizabethR said...

Brilliant Quill you clever Hector! No wonder you love that golden wax it looks fab. Elizabeth xxx

Redanne said...

That coincidence really worked for you - brilliant idea and it really does look like a quill rather than a leaf! The way you have done the frame is fabulous, love the colour with the gold underneath. A truly beautiful piece. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic. Great colours & I love the quill.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Gabrielle, love your creative use of the Art Parts. Great colours and the wax sounds intriguing. Tracy x

Michelle Webb said...

What a wonderful idea to use the fer as a quill. A happy accident indeed, yes I love that too. I might have to investigate the gold wax. Where did you get it from? Take care. Michelle x

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love it! Fab techniques &I'm loving the gold, great subject too.
Take care Zo xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love a happy accident - it's clearly a perfect quill! Love the vintage look of this, verdigris frame and all - beautifully done!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the way you antiqued the frame and the feather is just SO sweet!

Gillian .... said...

AWESOME ... another genius idea in the feather quill. <3 it x