Pages widget

3 September 2012

One

Happy, happy first anniversary to the Crafty Boots Challenge Blog! How quickly a year goes by! This time last year I was entering the first challenge and now I'm on the DT - just shows that it's worth entering these challenges!
So, to celebrate the theme this fortnight is 'ONE' and can be interpreted however you like! I made a tag and it was one of those that just didn't go to plan. You know those projects where nothing you seem to do is right? Well, having confessed yesterday that I am a little obsessed by Treasure Gold wax I thought I'd play with it again. So that tag has about 7 layers of different coloured paint as I struggled to get it 'right' and a layer of Treasure Gold wax and then a layer of Beach Hut paint. When it was dry, I sanded it back, revealing some of the layers below. I added a Wendy Vecchi numbers stamp to complete the background. I distressed the edges of the Journalling Ticket and added Vintage Photo Distress Ink (of course!) The die cut heart was made the same as the tag and the number is from Tim Holtz' Word Play die and is covered with Treasure Gold.
I then made leaves and flowers for the corner and added a little sari ribbon to the top. So, how will you interpret the theme? We can't wait to see! If you need more inspiration, please do check out the rest of the DT's work - there is some truly fabulous work on display!

Signature

12 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Good morning Gabrielle

Gosh you have been so busy since my last visit to your blog. I must apologise for not dropping by for a while but I have been busy making my DT piece for this challenge.

This tag is great, I love the concept of one heart, it's such a good idea.

Dionne xxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

I can imagine you, working the layers, sanding them back then added more cos you weren't happy! But the final piece is stunning, I love the layers of paint and those flowers are gorgeous. Take care Zo xx

Redanne said...

You really are making me 'need' that wax - your tag is absolutely stunning! A x

wendy vecchi said...

this is soooo pretty!

ElizabethR said...

So glad I bought more wax on Saturday lol, need to use it more. It looks gorgeous on the flowers. Elizabeth x

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Gorgeous anniversary tag! I love the colour palette and all the elements you used. That treasure gold wax caught my eye and is going on my longer than my leg list now of craft items I am after.
Michaela xx

CC101 said...

fabulous tag. Love the heart

Alison said...

Beautiful!!! xx

Kirsten said...

Mmmm, lots of lovely layers, it's a beautiful tag.

victoria h said...

Gorgeous tag- the treasure gold looks fun.

May said...

Fabulous tag Gabrielle, I need some of that wax... the flowers are fantastic Gorgeous layers... Hugs May x x x

Gillian .... said...

You have been very creative whilst I was gone, another fab project Gabrielle full of depth. x