Pages widget

15 October 2012

Home

For Crafty Boots this fortnight Emma has set us the theme of ‘Home’. I wanted to experiment with my Wendy Vecchi Wall stencil and so made a tag. 
The tag was covered in Broken China Distress Ink then I added Gathered Twigs Distress Ink through the stencil. I sprayed a mist of Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold through the stencil, dried it, and then misted the whole tag with water. The house was also covered in Broken China, the roof tiles with Gathered Twigs. I made a little chimney from and arrow and stamped the swirl from Residential Art. 
The house stamp was stamped in Broken China as a shadow and then Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. A few chit chat stickers and a grungebaord heart (with Barn Door Distress Stain) finished it off. Please do join in - you might win a prize!
Signature

10 comments:

Helen said...

How funny is that - I soooo nearly used that stamp for mine! I love this though - it is much better than anything I would have done with it!!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oww, have you changed your blog Gabrielle?

Another fab tag, full of very clever elements, I particularly like the way you have done the roof tiles and the bricks.

Dionne xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super work as always! Love it and am inspired as I have just ordered a mask like the bricks! See what you all have done to me, inks, sprays and masks. Never used to buy them! Take care Zo xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm so happy that my new computer works and I'm able to visit all my friends in blogland again.
Love this tag, great details on it. Also the tag above looks fantastic.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Gabrielle, love your tag, the brim wall works fabulously with your house and I love the roof and olours too. Tracy x

emma mitchell said...

This is gorgeous . I love all your fab detail.
Hugs Emma xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I love this G, the whole 'home' and houses thing is very much in my fave themes, and this is a super take. I've met two of your fellow deters in one fell swoop this weekend...how lucky I am.

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
I love this tag! Stunning home and I love the background too.
Michaela xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the colour combo and rustic look - a fabulous tag!
Alison x

wendy vecchi said...

LOVE this one!