Pages widget

1 April 2013

Butterflies

Edit: This post accidentally posted early - my apologies if you've already seen it!
For this month's challenge at Country View Craft's Challenges the theme is Butterflies. I have used corrugated cardboard from an Amazon order and made a little home for my bird cage. This is just one of my favourite dies and I needed little excuse to use it! 
The bird cage is resting on the plinth from the bell jar die. Both were cut from grungepaper, covered in Tarnished Brass Distress Stain and then roughly covered in clear embossing powder. 
The cardboard background and butterflies were painted in PaperArtsy paints before being sanded. 
I made a rose and added my favourite Wendy Vecchi leaves. A little ideaology finished it off! I hope you will join us this month!
Signature

12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, this is just delicious - I adore the corrugated background, and the butterflies and cage look glorious against it! Have you spotted the latest challenge at eclectic Paperie - Corrugated Card! - just in case you're interested?)
http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.cz/2013/03/march-eteam-picks-challenge-corrugated.html
Alison x

Helen said...

Wonderful Gabrielle, love the butterfly - such a pretty blue.

Unknown said...

A fab' piece of art Gabrielle, very creative. Glad to be designing along side you, hope you got a break this weekend. Chris xxx

Sara said...

I love this rustic look, will definitely be digging out some corrugated card xxx

Brenda Brown said...

This is fabulous Gabrielle, I love the bird cage on the bell jar plinth and the great textures you achieved on it.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...

Hi Gabrielle, just wanted to pop over to say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my entry to Country View challenge #1 - I really appreciate - so thank you very much!
I love this! Corrugated cardboard - genius idea, beautifully executed, love everything about it!
Have also entered your giveaway whilst I was here too - thank you for the chance! Karen x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Amazing, love the texture.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great textures on this fab piece , a great make hugs trace x