Pages widget

29 August 2014

Use every colour...

Over at Country View Crafts Challenges is a 'Magpie' day with a postcard theme. For mine I thought about my 'baby' Tom who starts Secondary school in September. I guess that doesn't really mean he's a baby anymore! 
I started by cutting a large tag to size and stamping the Postcard stamp (Tim Holtz) and the  writing lines (Wendy Vecchi) as a base. The line stamp is incredibly useful for journalling as well as a whole host of other ideas!
I then stamped lots and lots of my most favourite Wendy Vecchi images onto tissue paper (and a jar onto Clearly for Art) and painted the reverse of the stamps and cut them out. The eagle eyed will spot I didn't have room on the finished postcard for the paintbrush at the bottom of the picture above! I stamped onto tissue paper so the finished postcard is very flat so I could post it easily if the recipient didn't live with me!
I used brighter Fresco paints so they would stand out and I cut a slit in the jar so I could feed the pencils and paintbrushes through so they looked like they were in the jar.
I hope you like my postcard - if you would like to see the other DT member's postcards, which are pretty fabulous, then dod pop over here!
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

Bright bold beautiful! Is Tom looking forward to big big school?! Hope he settles in well.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
Beautiful postcard, love the palette and images you have used.
Smiles:)
Sue

snazzyoriginal said...

This is really lovely, just perfect for the back to school season which always comes around too quickly xx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous postcard Gabrielle - I love the colours and all the elements. Fabulous postcard art! Jennie x

Doreen said...

What gorgeous vibrant colours you have used,just gorgeous.xxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous, I love all of the bright, cheerful colours.

Dionne xxx

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, the colours are fab. Good luck to Tom as he starts his new adventure.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, vivid and funky - and wishing lots of luck to Tom!
Alison x