Pages widget

16 March 2015

Deconstruction - sort of!

This fortnight’s theme at PaperArtsy is Deconstruction... It was all a bit of a disaster this time! I had the idea to make a caged skirt for a lady out of a cardboard box that some course materials came in. I used rusting powder like Alison used in her fabulous project which failed miserably for me (I find my results with this stuff really hit and miss – well, mainly miss!) so I started again and used Distress Embossing Powders which I equally struggle with but at least I got a result! I have now realised that I forgot to rip the top layer of the cardboard in my second version – it really didn't go well did it?! 
The moth and head were stamped on leftover scraps of Smoothy Paper – I really keep every scrap I have and then scrabble through the ‘bits box’ when occasions like this present themselves! The antennae for the moth was on offcut from some old wire I found. Makes me sound like a Womble doesn't it?!
The flower is a little leftover shrink plastic that I refused to throw away so was glad to repurpose! The leaves are from a Lin Brown stamp and left over from another project (you’ll see that in April!) and were stamped on painted old book paper. So I repurposed a few things, achieved what I set out to achieve but not quite how I thought it would look! Isn’t that so often the way?!
Signature

10 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

love your quirky take on things! a great make x

Unknown said...

This is very imaginative and creative! Love her! X

Helen said...

well it may not have worked quite like you meant, but it looks great! I am glad I'm not the only one with teeny tiny scraps...

Julie Lee said...

This may not have worked out as you planned, but I love it. I like the way that you put the most unexpected elements together and they always look amazing! I have the teeniest little scraps imaginable because I simply can't throw anything crafty away! I've been finding they come in very handy indeed for miniature projects! xxx

Art By Wanda said...

Fun!!! I think it came out great!!!

Deb said...

Well for a disaster I think it turned out wonderfully Gabrielle, love your bird cage and your saved bits and bobs!

Kirsten said...

That is terrific. I love the rusty cage & the SP flower is lovely.

PaperArtsy said...

She makes me laugh. She's very superio ... I reckon she's saying 'dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me' lol

Lucy Edmondson said...

I think this is absolutely fab! You have made me want this stamp, that's the second time I've had to buy a Lynne perrella stamp after seeing one of your makes! I think you're a very clever womble!

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

Fabulous! She looks great and great idea. Love the rusty bird cage too!! xx