Pages widget

4 March 2015

Number One

Gosh! Another fortnight has flown by and it's time for another theme at DragonsDream Tag It On. This time it's my turn to choose and I chose the colour white and a number. As always, please include at least one stamped image and a tag!
This is one of those tags that sort of didn't go to plan! I had made a whole background that just didn't work with the elements I wanted to use so I lightly painted over it in Chalk Fresco paint and sanded it down. Clearly my sanding block needs new sanding paper as it put some holes in my tag but I actually quite liked them! I added Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the edges and a too liberal spray of white Perfect Pearls mist that I had to dab off in places. I did say that it didn't go to plan!
The background has some of the latest PaperArtsy releases on it and a little washi tape for my chap to stand on. Then all I needed to do was to stamp out my elements and assemble the tag. I always stamp these Stampotique figures twice, once on the tag and once on paper and I cut out the second image. As the figures have these wonderful wispy bits that I am really not going to able to cut out it means you preserve the image as well as manage the cutting! The quotation was one my daughter told me that Dr Seuss said and one I rather liked! 
Please do pop over and see what my wonderful team mates have made and I hope that you'll join in with us!
Signature

8 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Hi Gabrielle, as soon as I saw this I loved the quote! It is so witty, sweet and clever! I love the little figure standing on the pointing hand too. I really love your style: this is a great tag. xxx

Helen said...

Great theme Gabrielle, and love your tag. Mine didn't really go to plan either (there wasn't one...) but I did have fun.

Kirsten said...

Fantastic tag! I love the quote & the background looks great.

Annie said...

Because if you're odd you'll certainly get noticed...like it or not. Love the sentiment. And he is odd indeed. This troublesome tag has a wonderful ending. Love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Sorrry for not being around for a while. You've been very busy and there are wonderful things to see. :)
That's a great tag, love the little boy.

Etsuko said...

This tag is very cool and theme too. I love the brown and white colours combo, love the design. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I really enjoyed your theme Gabrielle and the great quote you used started my brain ticking straight away. Your tag is brilliant. Lx

Deb said...

Great tag Gabrielle, I knew it was good to be odd!