Pages widget

21 April 2015

By your side

It's April and the theme at Country View Challenges and this month is... use kraft card. I love kraft card - it's a fabulous substrate to work with as it is truly versatile so the possibilities are endless! 
I thought I'd make postcards for my projects this month. I love postcards because they are really satisfying to make, and equally satisfying to receive - I hope!!! I decided to use kraft card as the basis of my postcard and layered white and then four shades of blue paint on top. Then I layered white and blue paint through a stencil and then I sanded it to reveal some of the kraft card beneath.
I added two more stencils (all stencils are by Wendy Vecchi) again using the same paints and then drew round the stars to make them stand out a little more. Then I added stamped lines (an Ellen Vargo stamp for PaperArtsy).
I lightly covered a little book text with white paint and then, when dry, stamped the geese. I also stamped the geese straight onto the postcard. I cut out the geese bodies and coloured the beaks with Spiced Marmalade Distress Marker and added a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the bodies and then adhered them to to postcard.
I hope you'll join in with us this month!
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

love this card, it looks so pretty and those geese are so cute!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great postcard Gabrielle.
Smiles:)
Sue

Pamellia said...

So much fun Gabrielle! Love your amazing background and the sentiment is such a great fit for your lovely geese couple! hugs :)

snazzyoriginal said...

Fab painty layers, love those geese x

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful! :)

massofhair said...

Beautiful project Gabrielle, think this is one of my favourite images but i don't own it yet... Stunning backgrounds :-) xxx

Deb said...

So adorable, love those geese!

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous postcard. The colours are fab & I do like the geese.