Pages widget

13 March 2017

Dream

It's my turn at Country View Crafts Challenges and this month we're inspired by Tim Holtz. This has meant I've dusted off some of my favourite of his older stamps. 
I used Broken China Distress Ink and Gathered Twigs on the edges. I then spritzed water through Tim's starry stencil to make the background. 
I used pencils to colour the chap in and lots of Glossy Accents on the wings, crown and motto. When it was dry I bent the wings and crown so they cracked and then rubbed a little more Gathered Twigs in to highlight the cracks.

Thank you, as always, for popping by, please do look at the Country View Crafts Challenge blog and see what wonderful art my team mates have made.
Signature

4 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Very clear influence from Tim Holtz, a lovely tag and a great inspiration for the challenge!

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous tag.

Evelyn Walter said...

A lovely and absolutely Tim inspired tag, dear Gabrielle! Gorgeous background and I love the cracks in the wings and the crown!
xx Evelyn

Carol said...

Gorgeous tag - love the oxide background and main image you choose x