Pages widget

28 April 2011

Thank you!

I have been trying really hard to make my thank yous for my birthday. Trouble is I am still recuperating from my recent 'procedure' so it has been horribly slow going but I managed to get them finished today! Am so pleased! I needed to make something that was pretty simple as I was going to make a few but that would show that I was really grateful for the gifts I was given.
I cut out tags using my lovely Vagabond that my lovely husband bought me for my birthday (did I mention how pleased I am with it?!) as well as the birds, birdcages, rosettes and crowns (all Tim's dies). The birds were covered in tissue tape before being cut and then covered with Broken China Distress Ink and then the edges dabbed with a Gold Paint Dabber
The birdcages were dabbed in gold and then I smoothed the paint out and I rubbed Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink over it which filled in the gaps. The tags themselves were cut from Tim's paper stacks (think it was Lost and Found) edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 
The rosette was cut from cream card and edged with gold dabber. The crowns were cardboard covered in tin foil and then cut out and then inked with Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink. The thank you was printed on my trusty Dymo and I glued a thank you tag from 7 Gypsies on the back.
Hope they like their thank you as much as I liked my gifts!
Gabrielle x

2 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

These are sooooo gorgeous! love the colours and the crown just tops it off nicely, fabulous xx

Kazxx

Emma Williams said...

I love, love, LOVE this piece...it's fabulous and really stunning!
Love Emma xxx