Pages widget

24 May 2011

Vintage Glamour

When Hels set this week's Sunday Stamper theme of Diamonds and Pearls I had one of two choices leap into my head. To use the Queen as my inspiration (do you have the annual competition to see who can guess what colour she'll be wearing for her Christmas address and whether it'll be diamonds or pearls? No? ...just our family then!) or to use the famous person I most closely resemble... well I would if I had ready access to a
plastic surgeon and oodles of cash! I also spotted this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is Sparkle and Shine and the My Time to Craft Challenge (die cuts) - inspiration was here! I decided to try and recreate a bit of 50s glamour! I covered a canvas with Silver Paint Dabber and edged it with Marketplace Tissue Tape. The picture of Audrey was printed onto Crowded Attic stash and sprayed with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. I stamped, in Vintage Photo
Distress Ink, some corners - very subtle in the photo - more noticable in real life! I stamped half of a Journaling Ticket with a stamp from Tim's Odds and Ends collection but it looked too harsh so I rubbed a little silver paint on it. I made lots of flowers from Tim's Crowded Attic stash cut with my trusty vagabond (my arm would have looked like Popeye if I'd used my Cuttlebug!) I used Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks to
edge the flowers and sprayed different layers with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls, Silver Cosmic Shimmer and Graphite Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I didn't spray all of the petals - so that it gave a little more 'play' in the colours. Amazing that they are all cut from the same sheets of paper! I made a rosette from Film Strip ribbon (this was so much hassle I won't be doing that again in a
hurry!) anchored with a Philosophy tag which had been rubbed with the silver paint to highlight the word. As this is for my calendar wall I put a month behind an ornate plate and filled the plaque in with Glossy Accents and added a bit of bling here and there! Hope this leaves you feeling a little glamorous!
Gabrielle x
ps Excitingly someone terribly nice has bough my canvas! Thank you so much if you are reading this! So I have replaced the month with a slightly more appropriate legend! So, calendar fans, June will appear again on another project!

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

this is stunning... am not surprised someone snapped it up.. LOVE Audrey, she is so beautiful... and enhanced by all those delightful flowers too.. .my fave of faves. Yep, me and my lovely Mum In Law have the Xmas outfit guessing game... for Sandringham because they usually go to see her coming out of church... I love the Queen too... see... all in all a perfect entry! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous work, really wonderful.

Pat said...

Beautiful project, gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful work, those flowers are lovely! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx