My darling daughter will be 11 on Saturday (yikes! Where has the time gone?!) and in her honour we're having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party on Sunday. I would normally post this on Sunday but I have so much to do and I am so proud of it that I
thought I'd sneak it in early! Linda at Studio L3 hosts a weekly Grungy Monday challenge. This week it's Distress Inks and this is my entry! I had the idea from Morag Cutts' design in Craft Stamper April 2011. I bought
three boxes similar to these and I turned the boxes upside down and glued the middle sized box onto the larger one. I painted the larger two boxes with PaperArtsy Snowflake paint and one with 2 coats of Little Black Dress as well as the now 'top' of the middle sized box.
Then I covered the white paint with white tissue paper and Mod Podge though wasn't too careful allowing for a few areas not to be covered and a few where the issue paper bunched up. I bought a very cheap version of 'Alice in Wonderland' and ripped pages and Mod Podged them
on. When dry I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give an aged look. I bought an Alice stamp set and, using Jet Black Archival Ink, stamped out various images. Then, using Distress Inks, I watercolour painted the images - going over some colours a few times to
get a depth of colour (I used pretty much all of the colours Tim makes so couldn't possibly list them!) I cut them out (rescuing a few from the dog!) and then adhered them on with Glossy Accents. The vial was left over from the ArtsyCrafts day back in February so I made a 'drink me' tag using my trusty Vagabond and the Tiny Tabs and Tags die, added Vintage Photo to the edges and tied it to the vial with string.
I laid the vial on it on it's side, poured Glossy Accents in to it and watched it drip down the side of my 'cake'. Before it dried I sprinkled Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearl powder onto the Glossy Accents. To be honest it wasn't as dramatic an effect as I hoped but I know it's there! I glued the stopper down with Glossy Accents too! I made loads of flowers from white card cut with the Tattered Florals die spraying them with Red
Lava Cosmic Shimmer first. The leaves were cut from more book pages and the Tattered Leaves die and inked with Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive Distress Inks. Then I went a bit mad adding chess pieces, small key and lock brads (from Woodware I think...) and a Timepiece and Game Spinner.
I hope the weather holds for the party on Sunday! Have a great weekend!
If you know of Moira's contact details I'd love have them to be able to thank her for her inspirational idea!