Pages widget

22 July 2011

An End of Year Thank You!

Today is a sad/happy kinda day. It is the last day of term which is always joyous for those under 16! But it's sad as my beautiful baby girl leaves Primary School! OK she might not technically be a baby any more but it is the end of an era! I wanted to thank Freya's 
teacher (and Tom's) for being really supportive this year and I knew I wanted to play with more of Wendy's wonderful Art Parts. I buy them from Linda at LB Crafts and I can't link each one individually so please pop by her website and see all the goodies in their glory! I covered both 
sides of two bottles with Broken China Distress Stain. I then stamped them with the bottle from the Tools for Art stamp set in Jet Black Archival Ink and then clear embossed them. The ATC Art Part was covered, on one side, in cream paper and then I covered the ATC in Wild 
Honey Distress Stain on both sides. I stamped Curiosity twice with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on each ATC and then stamped the message in Jet Black Archival Ink - thought it quite appropriate for two inspiring educators! The flowers were from the Floral art part 
set. I covered the flower with paper (both sides) and stained them in Fired Brick Distress Stain and the stems in Peeled Paint. The centre is a bingo number (Tim calls them game pieces) that is appropriate for the year that they teach! The back of each has a dymo 
stamped 'thank you' and a little handwritten note of thanks. The flowers and the ATCs are all edged (both sides) with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 
So, this might be the end of an era for my darling daughter but it is the start of a new one - and I get the impression that it's going to be quite a ride! Gabrielle x

1 comment:

StampDancer said...

What a special gift! Beautiful!