Pages widget

27 July 2011

... is where the heart is!

On Facebook I saw that an old friend had moved house and it made me think a little about moving house cards and presents. I have previously used Tim's Rickety House die but I happened to have 'accidently' purchased Artful Dwellings and it seemed a shame not to use 
them! I have admired how others have used them to create a really nice scene and I have tried to have a go at this myself. You will see that I still had the colours and papers left out from my last project 'Back to Black' and as I really liked them I didn't really see any reason to put them away! {Oh! Before I launch into how this was made I edged everything in Vintage Photo Distress Ink - I might forget to say that when I get to the end!} The houses are cut with my 
trusty Vagabond from Grungeboard and are either covered in Kraft Resist paper and/or Distress Stain (I used Vintage Photo and Broken China). The letters are Grungeblocks, again treated with Distress Stains. The roof of 'H' is Grungeboard, covered with Broken China Distress Stain, and cut with  a Scallops On the Edge die. Just cut several sections and layer them like roof tiles! The 'H' itself has a coat of Rock Candy Stickles The 'O' has a roof made 
Don't be fooled by the eyes! She eats art!
from thin sections of Grungeboard, covered with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and Rock Candy Stickles. I added a little Broken China Mixed Mini star. The background is Vintage Photo Distress Stain painted with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and then Broken China Distress 
Stain over the top. The 'M' has a clock I found in a bead shop ages ago and sitting on the top is a little Broken China bird (in honour of the bird and project my dog ate...grrr) cut with a Stampin' Up punch. The dots are stamped with an Artistic Stamper stamp in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The house and door are covered in Kraft Resist paper (but the reverse) and the door is painted with Rocky Candy Crackle Paint. The hinges are from the Mixed Minis set as before. Inside the door is  the sentiment (I love my Dymo!)and a Mixed Mini heart in Fired Brick Distress Stain. For the 'E' I cut an extra Grungeboard roof and cut an edge from the other side of the Scallops die. It has Rocky Candy Stickles roof and the block for the letter has a thick layer of Crackle Paint. I hope it makes a nice 'welcome to your new home' gift! Gabrielle x 
ps - just learning to forgive my dog. It may take some time!
I am submitting this for the following challenges:
Grungy Monday - Rock Candy
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes!
Simon Says Challenge - Shaped Cards/Creations

13 comments:

StampDancer said...

This is wonderful! I love your scalloped roof, and all the Deets are fab, too!
One of my cats has a thing for foam and tried to steal a "foam spacer" from my Tag die. I caught him before he ran off with it. Now I store my dies with the cutting side down (lol).

Shelly Hickox said...

I love your little houses! I really need that die, don't I? Fantastic piece in every way and I'm sure your friend will adore it!

Trish said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love your colours!

Gillian .... said...

Ooo Gabrielle, another stunner, I love and adore this, especially the house with the scalloped roof, beautiful project.

*puppy dog is adorble* (couldn't stay cross for long with those eyes). x

Suzanne Bouchard said...

I crack for all things Tim and all "Houses" themes! this one is special. I want to make myself a house scenery too.
Also I must say it is strange this is the second time today that a read a story about a dog eating birds. One of my friends was baby sitting a friends dog. She owns 2 dogs and 2 parrots. The new dog ate the two parrots! That may help you forgive your dog I hope.

Nancy said...

I have sooooo resisted this die, so far ...! I really like what you've done with it - I may have to get the die after all!
Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! [And at Grungy Monday - I'm a "two-fer" this week! lol]

Jo said...

That's it I have to buy this die now! I am so into houses at the moment and your "terrace" has really inspired me, love the colours and the roof tiles are delish!

jo
xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a fabulous card. Just love everything about it.
Thanks for entering Simon Says Stamp Challenge--Renee, Simon Says Stamp

Alison said...

This whole piece is simply adorable Gabrielle, as is your cheeky pooch! Gorgeous colours & design! xx

Shelann said...

I love your houses, may have to have that die now too, very pretty piece. My critters like to eat anything I leave out too, so I have a very tidy workspace, just don't open the closet door!

Marjie Kemper said...

You've done an artful job with your accidental purchase. Love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fab job on this project. Love the design and the colors are outstanding. I think you've been responsible for about 30 people buying that die this week - LOL. I know it's on my wish list now too! So happy you shared with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh very cool! What a great use of Rickety House! Great colors too : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah