After telling everyone I knew, and a few strangers on Twitter, just how much I needed Victorian Velvet Distress Stain the lovely Lin saved me one when it came into stock (*ahem* - and a few others too!) and even though I have used it on quite a few projects I thought it was high time it was the star! Linda's Grungy Monday challenge this week is this 2010 Tim Holtz technique. There's an excellent tutorial there so I won't go into too much detail! The tag was swiped
with Snow Cap Paint Dabber and then I used Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I then stamped a swirl in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink but as it also picked up a little of the ink I'd used here it made a really nice effect! I used my Sewing Room die and cut out a bobbin and two manikins using my trusty Vagabond! One manikin had the top and bottom snipped off and they were all painted with Snow Cap Paint Dabber, edges sanded
and then edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I stamped a swirl on the manikin body and then used Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. The ribbons are all dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain and the charms came from LB Crafts. Tim reused packaging on top of his image but mine was too thick and didn't sit nicely so I mounted mine beneath the images. It was embossed with a Fancy and Floral Texture Fade. I finished the tag with a washer and brad.
I enjoyed my afternoon of making a girlie pretty thing and I am so chuffed that Victorian Velvet didn't disappoint! If you want to learn more about Distress Stains, Tim's latest blog post has this fabulous video explaining everything and more! Gabrielle x