Pages widget

26 September 2011

I dream of flowers!

Today's make was borne in a dream. I think I am clearly going mad because for two night's I have been dreaming about making a flower like this and so, in a bid to dream about something more exciting - like Brad Pitt - I thought I'd better make it! I wonder if it's all the cold and flu medicine I've been taking?! 
Anyway Hels set her Sunday Stamper challenge of a resist technique and so I made my own version of Tim's kraft resist paper! I used clear embossing ink and the background stamp from Wendy's Dreams of Art set and then used clear embossing powder over the top. This created nice brown lines! Then I inked it with Picket Fence Distress Stain and when it was dry a top coat of Stormy Sky Distress Stain. The flowers (from Funky Flower Art) were stamped on 
 Grungepaper, the big one twice. I used Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains to colour them. The stalk and leaves (from Alphabetically Art) were inked with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. The silver book plate is from Stampin' Up and I used a little leftover brown card, Vintage Photo Distress Ink and part of a stamp from the Tools for Art set. I inked a Maya Road black bingo ticket with Tumbled Glass Distress Stain - I like the stripy 
nature of the wood grain! Then I added the jump rings and ribbon - it was originally on a top - you know those bits of ribbon that stop the top from falling off the hanger but are really annoying when you wear it! I really don't throw anything away! 
Thank you for stopping by! 
Gabrielle x

9 comments:

Alison said...

Loving those blues on that gorgeous flower Gabrielle! Great resist too! xx

sue law said...

Beautiful tag...I do this too...Dream bout cards...I think it's a product of making cards for a long time....the great thing is that I don't tend to bin things so often because they have been though out in the subconscious..
Sue
x

Helen said...

Love your flower, Gabrielle. I cut off those ribbons too.... Wish I had dreams like this!

StampDancer said...

This so lovely! My mojo did a bit of a flit lately, maybe I need to take some cold medicines LOL. Hope you feel better soon!
Deb M

Jo said...

GORGEOUS with a capital G! Love the resist background (I'm having the same idea as we tidied up the study and we have a load of manilla folders knocking around now)and the flowers is fab - good one! joxx

Hels Sheridan said...

ooh LOVE this loads... tis gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper... soo.. did he turn up in your dream yet? He did tell me he would be a bit late cos he was with me for so long rofl x

victoria h said...

My favourite blue distress inks and wonderful artwork. Just wondering what the significance of No.5 is?

Sara said...

I love the way you have done the flower and the colours are lovely just my sort of blue :0)

Unknown said...

You've been having great dreams! I think even better than Brad Pitt!