Pages widget

23 October 2011

You're my type of friend

For my Creative Expressions DT project this week I have made a little present for my wonderful friend 'the lovely Kitty'. The lovely Kitty is entrusting her daughter to me for half term so I thought I'd make her something to put in her crafty space. I took 2 pieces of 
Tim's glassine paper, crumpled the first and glued it to a piece of mount board. With the second I stamped a typewriter from the wonderfully versatile Vintage Typewriter set and sentiment in Coffee Archival Ink and heated it to set the ink (the glassine paper will look like it is 'sweating' - that's absolutely fine! It'll go back to normal once you remove the heat). I stamped an alphabet onto more glassine paper and heated it. I then placed jump rings round the letters to spell 'friend' and put a small amount of glossy accents in the centre of each one to create a typewriter key. When dry I glued them to the typewriter. I added a few final elements including a stamped ribbon (another stamp from the Vintage Typewriter set); a shrink plastic typewriter and some twine. I hope the lovely Kitty likes this! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend! Gabrielle x

3 comments:

victoria h said...

love your shrink plastic embellishment and the jump rings to highlight 'friend' although your photo doesn't quite capture the letters. Enjoy half-term.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Gosh!! What a lovely effect you have achieved with the glassine paper!! I bought some but as yet haven't had the courage to use it.
Love your last little project with the typewriter. But also looking forward to a new set to work with!
Siobhan

hazel said...

Fabulous piece, I love the background.
xxx Hazel.