Pages widget

12 December 2011

Crafty Boots Christmas Challenge

It's nearly Christmas and this fortnight's challenge reflects just that! The challenge is to make something Christmas related and so I have made a gift box. I say made... 
I was given this fabulous box by the wonderful Lori - if you are a Wendy Vecchi fan then you need to make friends with her as she runs the Everything Wendy Vecchi group!I hope you like what I did with it Lori! 
I cut some of Tim Holtz's Christmas Kraft Resist paper and inked it with Barn Door Distress Stain. Then I attached it to the box and coloured the bottom of the box the same way.I stained some Tissue Tape with Peeled Paint Distress Stain which gives a subtle green effect. 
I stamped and cut out two Santas and inked them with Distress Stains and added them to each side of the box and then added die cuts and more stamps to other sides of the box. The '25' was doubled embossed with clear embossing powder and the ticket behind was crumbled, inked and sprayed liberally with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist - my favourite! The holly has Rock Candy Stickles for a little vintage bling!
As always, everything was edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink - I think, if you could see my fingers right now, you'd know just how often I use that ink! A little Stampin' Up twine, a bell and snowflake finished it off nicely. 


Before I go I have the great pleasure of announcing the Crafty Boots Blog Hop winner from my blog! Crafty Boots' Stephanie-Emma put names in a metaphorical hat and chose Bev! Huge congratulations Bev - please email Crafty Boots with your details!


Thank you for popping by and I am looking forward to seeing what you make with a Christmassy theme!
Signature

5 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous box, I would love to get up Christmas morning to find this under my tree, you just know it would contain something very exciting.

Dionne x

Stephie Boots said...

Love love love this!!! I was blown away when I first saw it it's stunning and must have taken a lot of work! :) I need to try more things like this in 2012! I think my new years resolution may be to stalk your blog and try out all these brilliant creations! xxx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Fantastic gift box. Very Christmasy indeedy.
Michaela xx

Lori said...

FABULOUS!!!! Love what you did with the box! Aren't those the coolest little things?? lol! Great job, Gabrielle, I LOVE it!

Bev said...

Absolutely love the box and then I got to the end and I'd won the crafty boots blog hop prize - it couldn't get any better! Thank you Gabrielle and Stephanie Emma!! It made may day.