Pages widget

1 December 2011

Seeing Stars!



Today's offering is my entry to Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Stars and the Sunday Stamper whose theme is also stars. I really struggled with this, mainly because I kept changing my mind as I went but I thought I should be honest and show you what I came up with! 
It's quite simple so I hope it cuts the mustard! I used two Art Parts with Wendy's star stamp in clear embossing ink and powder on the frame. I then covered both in Peeled Paint Distress Stain. 
The row of stars has small stamped sentiments on it, stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink. There is some kraft paper at the back of the frame with more stars in clear embossing ink. 
I stamped a little bottle onto Clearly for Art and added another star at the top. I had a little ticket to add and two hitch fasteners and two small swivel clasps.
Signature

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great piece Gabrielle, even the bottle has stars on. Love the embossed stars around the edge too. Lovely hanging. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Hi Gabrielle. Very smart use of Wendy's Art Parts to create this beautiful "star" theme piece for Simon Says! I love how you carried the stars even out onto the frame! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Gillian .... said...

Gabrielle this is GORGEOUS, love the whole star theme throughout and the green/gpld/sepia tones, perfect:) x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like that the ticket is crumpled - looks cool! : ) The stars are fun too!!


Thanks SO much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow! LOVE the clear embossing--it's fabulous! :) And such a fab technique with the paint! LOVE it!!! Found you via Sunday Stamper. :)

Marjie Kemper said...

C'mon! You even have stars on the bottle label! It's wonderful, Gabrielle. Love the stars on the frame part, too.

Bev said...

WOW! I love the way that you use some stamping to create such a smashin effect. Thank you for sharing.

hazel said...

A fabulous creation Gabrielle, I love all the stars.
xxx Hazel.

Sarah said...

just great Gabrielle - love the muted vintage colours and the embossed stars! Looking very festive and ready for Chrimble methinks...
Thanks for sharing your work with Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.