|This is Maggie's Message - the book plate says it was awarded to 'Dora' in 1911...|
The bottle was stamped on heat resistant acetate with Jet Black Archival Ink. The label, and bottle top were stamped on a spare book page and inked with Antique Linen Distress Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I added a little Glossy Accents on the star and I tucked the bottle into the back of the book.
The stem and leaves were inked with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and tucked behind the bottle (with a spot of Glossy Accents to keep them in place!) The flower was inked with Milled Lavender and Victorian Velvet Distress Stains and I added a washer and brad for the centre. The banner was die cut and inked as the bottle with a sentiment.
This was my first, but definitely not last, altered book - but as it was my first I would love to know what you think! I thought I would offer it for scrutiny in this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show as the theme is Anything Goes!