Pages widget

26 April 2012

Fan-tastic!

A really lovely colleague at work, Beccy, has had a big birthday this week and to celebrate our team bought her some goodies and I made her a  card we could all sign. It was an excellent excuse to use my new Tim Holtz Vintage Fan die, some PaperArtsy Crunchy Paper, a little Kraft Resist paper and banner. 
The fan was die cut from Grungeboard and then painted with Pewter and Little Black Dress Fresco Finish Paints. Then I sanded it and added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the whole piece. The four brads were beaten senseless with my Texture Hammer! The whole piece was glued together with Glossy Accents. 
I am really pleased to report that Beccy was pleased with her "awesome" card - I quoted her there - but even better than that she bought in a seriously tasty Guinness Cake (a Nigella recipe I think) -  and I'm never one to turn down one of Beccy's cakes! Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a fantastic day!
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

The card is gorgeous - I wasn't sure about these new dies, don't think I'd use them, but love what you have done with it, and the crunchy paper looks great behind the fan. The cake sounds yummy....

TonyR said...

i'm a big fan of your work!
c,")
tony xx

Minxy said...

putting your purchase to good use i see, great card.

victoria h said...

you blew me away, sorry couldn't help myself! The sentiment matches the die cut fan perfectly. Guinness cake sounds very interesting x

CraftygasheadZo said...

This is fab, that fan is great, love the glassine (sp?) paper behind it too. Is the die big? Just wonder because it could work with so many stamps etc wind blowing hair type things. Might have to be cheeky and ask if you could cut me a couple to play with? Please with cherries on top! Take care Zo xx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
I am back. My laptop had to be repaired. It looks like I missed quite a few amazing creations and also your birthday. Happy Birthday, hope you had a great one! This card is really FANtastic! Love the PaperArtsy Crunchy Paper and what you did with that fan die.
Michaela xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's cool, a wonderful idea.

Redanne said...

Have not got that die but have seen it used with "I'm your No.1 fan" too. I like the telephone one. Your card is gorgeous and the sentiment is so appropriate. Guiness cake, like the sound of that too. Anne x

hazel said...

A fabulous card Gabrielle, I love what you've done with the fan.
xxx Hazel.