Pages widget

6 April 2012

Frames a la Wendy

Spoiler alert! Mum, if you're reading this then please don't! Thank you!
I'm having a lovely time off work - even finding time to get inky fingers! Simon Says Stamp and Show's theme this week is Wendy Vecchi and the challenge at Everything Wendy Vecchi is a hinged item (book 3, page 25 is the inspiration!) and so I have combined the two and made a couple of frames! 
I used lots and lots of of my favourite Studio 490 stamps (the little FIG A stamp was subsequently eaten by She Who Eats Art, which along with the £5 note from earlier, means it was an expensive day!), grunge paper and a little ideaology. I tried to use the example in Wendy's book as that was the EVW challenge but everyone likes to do it a little differently don't they?! I'm sure Wendy won't mind!
So why can't mum read this? Well, I don't think she reads my blog anyway but just in case I wanted her to stop as this will be her birthday 'card'.
I originally did the 'B' as it's the first letter of Mum's name but then I realised it says Bfly which is a happy accident! It's great when that happens! 
Well, I hope you like my entry into my favourite challenges - I had a very happy afternoon making it! Thank you, as always for stopping by and for any comments you choose to leave, they really are valued and happy Good Friday y'all!
Signature

16 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

How beautiful, Gabrielle! Love your vibrant colors and what a bonus on the "B"Fly!

Marjie

wendy vecchi said...

this is soooo pretty!

Belinda Basson said...

Swea will be excited that you have made more dog food...only kidding. this is great. Love the colours and the fly on the butterfly's body is clever.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely frames Gabrielle, love the pop of colour , very Spring like and I love the memo pin too. Enjoy your Easter break. Tracy x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Blooming gorgeous, love the colours really lush. You do this so well. Zo xx

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just fantastic!

victoria h said...

Beautiful colours, you know I love butterflies, flowers and leaves, and a gr8 pin.

snazzyoriginal said...

Love your vibrant colours they work so well with the WV stamps - cheers everyone up on a not so sunny Easter Saturday xx

Sarah said...

Looooove those sassy bright colours and stamping. The B fly is a great artistic discovery... A perfect little twosome! Enjoy the hols and you time.
A great piece...and of course... Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is so gorgeous, your mum will be thrilled.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

What a beautiful creation Gabrielle. I love the vibrant colours and all the stamping. Just gorgeous!!
Happy Easter
Siobhan x

Helen said...

Hi, just catching up on some blogs (been indoors 10 minutes - got to get my priorities right, and until the water heats up I can't have a bath!) this is just blooming BEAUTIFUL! Your mum will love it - and if not, why not?!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Gabrielle.....what an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING creation.....WONDERFUL COLORS...GREAT GROUPING.....just WONDERFUL!!

thanks BUNCHES for playin' along with this weeks challenge at SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW!!

Deb said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the bright color scheme. You used all my favorite stamps too!
Deb M
xx

Mitali_Mukherjee said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google,
and found that it’s truly informative.
banarasi silk saree