Pages widget

2 April 2012

Nautical Thoughts


Hello and welcome to a new theme with Crafty Boots Challenges - and the lovely Emma has chosen a Nautical theme. Ok. I need to make a confession before I go any further... way back in October I said this: 
I collect October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket papers and don't use them. I keep them very carefully and look at them often but don't dare to take a pair of scissors anywhere near them!

What is my confession? Well since then I have continued to lovingly look at these beautiful papers and not dare to take a pair of scissors to them! So when this theme came and knowing I don't really have any stamps to suit it I felt brave again! So this tag is a combination of both manufacturers and Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges! 
I hope you like my unconventional approach the Nautical theme! I am really looking forward to seeing what you make!
Signature

13 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle

I am so pleased that you found the courage to use some of the things from your 'most precious' stash (but if you are anything like me you are now desperately trying to replace it all!)

It is a gorgeous tag and I love all of the detail.

Dionne x

Amy Tidd said...

THis is an amazing project!! Love this!! X

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's gorgeous - know that feeling I have so many fab papers that I only stroke! Must use them. Zo xx

Helen said...

Well done you! I know what it means to have to cut into fave paper stashes.... Great interpretation of the theme!

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
You made a great work of your treasured papers. The tag is gorgeous!
Michaela xx

Belinda Basson said...

I know what you mean about papers, that is why I don't buy them any more...Though having said this, your tag would not exist without your stash...as for the Tim product addiction...it was more about admitting it out loud, than wanting to be cured and stopping...it is the only addiction I know that has a calming yet uplifting affect on a person with a wonderful end result to look at...mostly it is a good thing unless you are looking at my bank balance!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Lovely tag Gabrielle. So glad to see that I'm not the only one that 'saves' precious images and supplies. But how else can they be appreciated and adored by anyone but us if not used in our art work :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely rag, lovely papers. I know what you mean about ot cutting them, I'm exactly the same with my Artylicious stash.

hazel said...

A fabulous tag, gorgeous papers.
xxx Hazel.

Sara said...

I love your different tag and congrats on using your stash of paper I must dig into mine a bit more xx

CraftyDaffy said...

Great tag! I love the retro'ish' sailor gal. All the details work so well together. Very inspiring! xx Denise

Stephie Boots said...

Love this tag Gabrielle. I keep saying I need to use my "only for stroking" paper but can't bring myself to!!! xxx

victoria h said...

the papers look fab - love the advertising text details.