Pages widget

17 April 2012

The Voices...

I have to be honest this month's DT stamp set from Creative Expressions is one of my favourites. The stamp set is The Voice of Art designed by the very talented Ms Wendy Vecchi. It is incredibly brilliant on its own but compliments so many of her other stamps that it makes it an utter joy to use. It is the set's versatility that enabled me to make this card. 
I started with white card and stamped the lacy background stamp from a previous DT set in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I distressed the edges and inked them again with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then stamped the leaves in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and cut them out. The flowers were stamped and the larger was stamped with a ticking stamp and then inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. The smaller was stamped with the dotty stamp and inked with Wild Honey Distress Stain. The centre of the flower is a fastener and a washer
The lady is inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain on her dress, Spun Sugar as her face and Vintage Photo as hair. I painted these on with a paintbrush but you might be more accurate than me with the actual stain bottle! The bird was inked in Broken China Distress Ink. I actually stamped it twice and cut the wing from the second bird to give the first a little more depth. The sentiment was printed onto a die cut banner in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. As you can see I've used several of Wendy's other stamp sets - and they all work together beautifully! Thank you, as always, for stopping by!
Signature

8 comments:

Daniele said...

love how you did the background it looks like fabric, really pretty
hugs

Helen said...

Perfect - that background stamp really looks like fabric. What a clever lady that Wendy Vecchi is, lol! Your card is perfect!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous - that background is fab and as always I love your colour choices as they always work so well. Zo xx

Unknown said...

I was going to ask about background too. Lovely card.

hazel said...

This is wonderful Gabrielle. I love how you've used the stamps and the orange flower is a great addition.
xxx Hazel.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous creation with wonderful details and great colors.
By the way .... Welcome to the dreaming team :)

Monique's art said...

wow love these stamps, you made a very pretty card, great to be on the Dream Team together with you
;-) Monique

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Gabrielle, love the layout and use of the lace background and little bird. Tracy x