Pages widget

18 June 2012

Made with Love

This month's DT stamp set, Art Sayings, from Creative Expressions is again the inspiration for my latest project. I wanted to combine the versatility of this set with my love for Wendy Vecchi's stamps and so I made a little hanging. 
I took a large rectangular frame Art Part and covered it in Picket Fence Distress Stain. I then stamped a zigzag stamp (from Just Sew Artsy) four times in Sepia Archival Ink and then edged the outside and inside of the frame which toned down the whole 'bright white' to be a little more vintage! The background is white card, printed with a background stamp from the same set and then I splodged (I'm not sure if I can make that sound any more than it is!) Old Paper and Antique Linen Distress Stains on top and then dried it. The dress form (button and cotton reel) were die cut and I die cut some sticky back canvas and adhered it to the dress form. I then used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to edge the canvas and on the dress form.
I then stamped a cotton reel label and thimble (from Art by Hand) the thimble was stamped onto card that was first painted with Silver Paint Dabber. The button was stamped with the same saying and I put a  mini safety pin through the middle. I wound a little twine around the die cut cotton reel and that was that!
This month's stamp set is proving really fabulous and if you need more evidence then please pop along to the new and spangly news blog where the DT blogs are listed on the right hand side!
Signature

15 comments:

Helen said...

New you couldn't stay away from brown for long.... Love this, it is fab... I don't think I have "sew artsy" in my collection!!

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Stunning piece! As always you make all the elements look so real. And I always admire your design. Being inspired by your wonderful work I have finally had a play with my distress inks and made one flower to decorate a top of the box I made for a little card. Nothing major but it is a start.
Michaela xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely framed piece Gabrielle, love the muted tones and the stamping on the frame. Tracy x

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Gabrielle,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Just me again
here is a link, just in case you would like to see my first attempt

Michaela xx

Redanne said...

Hi Gabrielle, this is such a great piece, when I scrolled down I thought the thimble was real! Love all the elements and the colours you have used.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a beautiful sewing themed piece, looks really great.

Monique's art said...

Gorgeous. Fab piece

Carol said...

As always - gorgeous piece. Xx

Chris said...

Hi Gabrielle, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous. The stamping on the frame looks great.

May said...

Gorgeous creation Gabrielle, Love the sewing theme.. It's one of my favs to work with..love how you stamped the frame.. Brillant! Hugs May x x x

Sara said...

This is great Gabrielle I love all the layers it looks fab and I love the sewing bits. Xxx

hazel said...

A wonderful creation Gabrielle - I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Gabrielle, I love all the different elements x