Pages widget

28 September 2012

Happy "Wasp" Day?!

So there I am, all excited because I have a parcel of brand spanking new Wendy Vecchi loveliness just begging to be used, when a brilliant idea comes to mind... for Tom's 10th birthday I'll make a tag (I am not very keen on cards) with a sort of joke on the front... I thought I could write 'Happy bee-day' using my new stamps!
So I had a lovely time, playing with inks and Perfect Pearl Mists - using some of the stencils I bought as well as stamps. I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink as green is tom's favourite colour. It's all going very well so far isn't it?! The 'Happy' is actually off Tim's Apothercary set. I stamped my 'bee' in Archival Ink and then used my water brush to remove the green ink from the body and inked it with Wild Honey Distress Stain. The wings were treated the same however I added a thin layer of Brushed Pewter Distress Stain to them. The 'DAY' is from some Cosmo Cricket Alphas that were on my desk for some reason... no idea why!
Anyway, back to my tale. So there I am, proudly watching Tom read my carefully crafted tag when he said "Why does it say 'Happy Wasp Day?". Doh!!! I should really look at things more carefully!!!!!!!
Signature

7 comments:

Sandra Botham said...

What a lovely idea, I get annoyed with cards as they fall over evertime someone walks past, lol. This is a cool tag, hope he liked it?
Liking the tim alphabet, think me may need them :-) xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Lovely tag - I fell for the bee/wasp thing too. Well, the plate does say 'be happy'lol! xx

Redanne said...

Love the story Gabrielle, out of the mouths of babes and all that and love the tag too, those new metallic stains are just gorgeous and look perfect on the wings....Crafty hugs, Anne x

hazel said...

A fabulous tag Gabrielle.
xxx Hazel.

Helen said...

Wasp a great tag (sorry!) Trust Tom to point out the error of his Mum's ways, lol,... he could have left you in ignorance!

Monique's art said...

Maybe you can start international wasp day lol. Love the tag it is fab

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
By your header for a moment I thought it was a wasp day! Not a day I would really love to celebrate! Love the tag you made for Tom. What a knowledgeable boy, he really know his insect! An easy mistake to make anyway.
Michaela xx