Pages widget

14 November 2012

Handle with care

This fortnight’s recipe at Dragonsdream Tag It On has been set by the uber talented Silvie and is "Handle with care" - to include something fragile, and animal and a warning (plus the obligatory use of at least one stamp and for it to be on a tag). So this one was a bit of a challenge until I remembered I had the Bell Jar die and having handled a few recently (thinking about Christmas presents I know just how fragile these are!) So the Bell Jar is my fragile (and the sign gently pushes this notion home!), the butterflies are my animals and the warning is the sign on the side!
To make my tag I used Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks on the tag (and a little judicious sanding!) and Wendy's background stamp finished it off. The Bell Jar 'glass' was cut from its packaging and the base was covered in Pewter Distress Stain, clear embossed, and Gathered Twigs rubbed over the top before being embossed again. 

The two butterflies were stamped on to cream card and Distress Inks added to the edges of the wings. Once I'd got started I really enjoyed making this - I hope you join us too!
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

Well done, I think you managed fragile better than I did!

ElizabethR said...

Great tag I love the bell jar. I strunggled with this one, but hey lol. Elizabeth xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make and take on the challenge...they do get the grey cells going don't they! Trace x

May said...

Fabulous tag... Love the idea of the butterfly in the bell jar... Brilliant... Fabulous background colours & stamping.. Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Fabulous Gabrielle, I love your background stamping, and the bell jar is lovely. Sue xx

Monique's art said...

gorgeous, love the bg colours and the die is awesome, brilliant idea to put a butterfly in it

Anonymous said...

Love it, the colours are gorgeous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, a fabulous take on this recipe. Love the use of the Belly Jar die, it's in my stash, too, but still new.... :D

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag! Love the warm colours! xx