Pages widget

4 May 2014

Darcy's Journal Challenge - Month 4

I have spent this glorious Bank Holiday weekend mornings supervising the intrepid discovery of our garden and the ultimate attempt to reclaim it (!) and the afternoons having a go at Darcy's challenge (over on the PaperArtsy blog) to use her journal pages as a prompt... I sort of followed every step but not having all the right paint colours, stamps or stencils mine is so much brighter - I prefer Darcy's version but it was great to play along for the first time. I'm not sure I'd have thought to put the crackle on a page and so I need to explore that much more! 

I still have to buy the Ellen Vargo stamps so to get the circles I drew round some lids! The  stencils are Lin's instead of Jo's and the sentiment is Lin's too - I clearly need to buy Jo's stencils - can you see a shopping list forming?!
Thanks for a fun couple of afternoons Darcy!

Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

This looks amazing!! So good to see you joining in - must mean your elbow is holding up (and to the gardening - although you did mention just supervising!) and working so well.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful spread, the flowers are amazing.

Darcy Marshall said...

Looks fab, I like the lil bits of crackling, adds great interest to a page without needing to be all over. Fabric flowers look great too, that was the fave part of mine. Genius use of lids, I have a bagful of different size lids lol always using them.

finnella03 said...

Love this piece.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful pages, Gabrielle.

sheila 77 said...

I really like your interpretation of the techniques with the bright colours and your substitutions. Your flowers are lovely.

buterfliecrafter said...

I like how you found solutions for materials you didn't have, very inventive and that makes it unique. Beautiful page.

Anonymous said...

Love your spread Gabrielle, it looks great!
Alison xxx

Jules said...

Great pages! really nice